Hi, I am running Reckon Accounts Premier Edition 2018 - is this compliant with STP?

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Answered
Photo of Leigh Beadon

Leigh Beadon

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 88,952 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yes, all 2018 editions of Reckon Accounts, including Premier, are already Single Touch Payroll compliant. You'll need to ensure that you've installed the 2018/19 tax table update released last year.

Check out more info on this here - https://www.reckon.com/au/single-touch-payroll/
Photo of Leigh Beadon

Leigh Beadon

Thanks Rav!
Photo of Luke

Luke, Employee

• 4,094 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Hi Leigh,

To add further to Rav's post, yes, it is definitely compliant. However, you need to ensure you have prepared your data file appropriately for STP. We have a knowledge base article that goes through step-by-step what you need to do. Please click here to view it.

Hope this helps.

Luke
Photo of Leigh Beadon

Leigh Beadon

Thanks for your help Luke!  Much appreciated!
Photo of Leigh Beadon

Leigh Beadon

Hi Luke,
I have done all the steps as noted above, (thanks very much, it was so helpful!)
So now there is a problem with GovConnect - When searching for Activity Statements, I get an exception message that says 'An unexpected error has occurred with the form you submitted, please contact us for help'

Any ideas about this please??
Photo of Luke

Luke, Employee

Hi Leigh,

Are you sure this is within our GovConnect when logging in to our Reckon Portal (portal.reckon.com)? You can't search for activity statements on there so I suspect you're logged into some sort of ATO portal instead?

Luke
Photo of Leigh Beadon

Leigh Beadon

Hi Luke,  I have an icon on my desktop called Reckon GovConnect - Activity Statement Lodgement Version 1.0.1.6  which requests login with my AUSkey - is this not what I need to get ready for STP?
Thanks,
Leigh
Photo of Luke

Luke, Employee

Hi Leigh,

No that is for lodging BAS statements.

This help article will help for setting up your GovConnect account for STP: https://help.reckon.com/customer-portal/products/govconnect/single-touch-payroll

Luke

(Edited)
Photo of Leigh Beadon

Leigh Beadon

• 272 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Luke,

So now I have a new problem I hope you can help with!  STP has been set up correctly (according to my accountant) but when I work through the process to upload through the Reckon portal, in the STP tab under Company & Advisor Information, the company address is blank.  I cannot edit it, and my accountant has checked the ABR where our address is shown correctly.  Where do I go from here please?

Thanks 
Leigh
Photo of Luke

Luke, Employee

Hi Leigh,

No need to worry about the address being blank. This won't cause any problems. It would have been caused due to address field in your Portal profile being blank.
Photo of Leigh Beadon

Leigh Beadon

I wish that were the case! But I get an error message which will not allow me to complete the upload.  All my fields in company information appear correct.
My accountant wants me to change my accounting software to MYOB!! 
Any other ideas please?
Photo of Leigh Beadon

Leigh Beadon

Hi,  Any progress on this one please??

Leigh
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 88,492 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Leigh,
I've just responded to your other thread in regard to the invalid company information error, I'll close this thread so we can keep the convo in one place to avoid confusion and doubling up.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.