Hi I have a Quickbooks plus 2009-10 and one of my files I can't open it

Harby Mansour
Harby Mansour Member Posts: 3
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi I have a Quickbooks plus 2009-10 and one of my files I can't open it but I can open other files. I got a message said an error occured when Quickbooks tried to access company file...........error code (-6000, -80). I copied the file to external hard drive and I tried to open it on my laptop and I got this message "Adaptive server anywhere databae engine has stopped working"

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi Harby
    Welcome to the Community!

Are you trying to open the copied file directly from the external hard drive? If so, could you try moving or copying the file to a local destination on your laptop and then retry?

I also found a couple of KB article related to that specific error code which might help -
    http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=3823
    http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=3892

Let us know

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Harby Mansour
    edited April 2016
    Thanks Rav, I tried both ways once direct from the external hard drive and once I copied to company files in my laptop and is not working.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Harby,

Just to recap - you cannot open this one company file on either your main PC or on the laptop.

The main PC gives you (-6000,-80) error and the laptop an "Adaptive Server Anywhere has stopped working" error.

The laptop error suggests the datafile is corrupt.  

Try again on your main PC, but before you start go to the file directory and delete the files for this company file ending in .ND and .TLG.

If it still fails to open, try restoring a previous backup (give it a different name when you restore it).

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John
  • Harby Mansour
    edited April 2016

Hi John

Thanks, I deleted the company file with the extension nd & tlg but still the same problem.

Do you think if I upgrade to the latest version, can solve the problem because the backup file dated July 2015 and to use it I have to data entry for 10 months.

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Harby,

Upgrading won't help as it is the company file that is corrupt.  Your only alternative to restoring the backup is to send the file to our Data Services Centre for repair - this is a paid service.  Reuest a Service on their website.

regards,
    John