Hi I have an error !szFileBuffer.empty(), cannot open my ReckonAccounts Plus 2013. I have uninstalled and reinstalled.

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
Hi I have an error !szFileBuffer.empty() notification and cannot open my ReckonAccounts Plus 2013. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but the error is still coming up.
Photo of Denise Blake

Denise Blake

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 71,430 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Denise,

We've got a KB article on this error here, but you've mentioned you've already uninstalled/reinstalled, can I please get you to try it once more but this time perform a 'Clean Uninstall & Reinstall'. The details of this is found from the KB above.

Let me know how you get on

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Denise Blake

Denise Blake

Hi again, I've completed the 'clean uninstall & reinstall' as suggested but I'm still getting the same error. Any other suggestions?

Kind regards
Denise
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Denise,

Have there been any changes to your system environment immediately prior to first encountering this error?

Which operating system are you using?
Photo of Denise Blake

Denise Blake

Hi Rav

I'm working on Parallels via my Mac. The only thing that changed was we emptied the trash on the Mac. Windows 7.

Regards
Denise 
(Edited)
Photo of Denise Blake

Denise Blake

Oh and can I check, am I supposed to do step 2: Manually remove the following Reckon Accounts installation folders. And step 3: Remove Accounts Business (QuickBooks, Intuit) Registry keys
Care: 

Or was the first step enough?

Thanks
Photo of Denise Blake

Denise Blake

Hi again, I went through and followed all of the steps and I'm still getting the error! Please help!
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Denise,

I'd recommend you take a copy of your QBW file as a de-facto backup and keep it with your other backup files.

Then remove all traces of Reckon Accounts from your system. You will need to manually remove installation folders and registry keys. A word of caution, if you are not confident in making changes to your Registry please refer to your IT professional.
INFO - http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=331
Photo of Denise Blake

Denise Blake

Hi Rav, I have used an IT guy and we have done as you requested, however it is still showing the error. Any other suggestions?
Photo of Michelle O'Reilly

Michelle O'Reilly

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have followed Reckon instructions all day(handwritten receipts has not been fun)  and uninstalled with REVO and reinstalled about 8 times, emptying Recycling bin, restarting etc etc and even had Reckon remote control my computer and still couldn't get it to work.
I went left clicked the Reckon Icon and opened Troubleshoot compatibility
"I don't see my problem"
and went through the rest and it seems to have worked.
NOTE:  To clarify Michelle's input above,  in a quick call, she was running Windows 10  with the latest Reckon Accounts 2018  (as opposed to this topic dealing with RA 2013 from 2 years ago, with unknown operating system).                  ....  Gary