Hi, could anyone help-after updating to the latest version, when entering payments, old accounts fro

Options
Karen Fraser
Karen Fraser Member Posts: 7
edited August 2016 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Good morning, could anyone help me I have updated to the latest version of Reckon, when entering payments from customers, old accounts dating back to 1999 etc which have been paid are appearing as oweing. Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• ARC BookKeeping
    ARC BookKeeping Member Posts: 168
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Hi Karen,

Sounds like you have an old file that might need some cleaning up...

Start by doing a back up. 
    Then resort lists... open every list in RA, then in View/resort list
    Do a back up with a verify... 
    Do Rebuilds several times over.
    Do Audit Company file...
    Did you definitely receive payments for all invoices via the 'Receive Payments' Icon? or are some done via Journals?

I am not sure where else to look.

And I hate to say it... but sometimes where you are so far down the track with so many years of data, and with so many changes in the product, (taxes etc)... there does come a time when a new company file is recommended.

Regards
    Angie Carlyle
  • Karen Fraser
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Thanks Angie, the strange thing is my AP aging summary seems fine, but when I do the AR Aging summary there are a lot of old customers with 0.05, 0.11 etc balance? I only started doing this job in 2005, so I'm not sure what has happened prior, they may have been journals.
  • Karen Fraser
    edited November 2015
    Options
    sorry what do you mean view/resort list?
  • Karen Fraser
    edited September 2014
    Options
    You mentioned in your previous reply view/resort list. I spoke to support tech & he said I need to put on a backup before I updated, which I did but when I backup it asks me to verify & rebuild which causes problem
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Karen, when you are in you CoA click on Accounts at the bottom and then 're-sort'.