Hi . How do I set up email in Reckon accounts 2014

glen Hayes
glen Hayes Member Posts: 4
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Comments

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017

Hi Glen,

What exactly are you meaning?

If you are using Microsoft Outlook it should automatically work.

Have you tried emailing, do you get an error? What are you emailing?

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh

sally@samsolutions.com.au

• glen Hayes
    glen Hayes Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2014
    Hi Sally. I have Reckon2014 and have used it for last months invoices which I was able to email out but there was a problem with the copy of office on my computer expiring. Im now sure it was a copy our local tech put on. I have purchased outlook since but cannot find where to reset the email.
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017

Hi Glen,

It should just work automatically.

Perhaps you need to speak to your IT guy?

Is there a specific error message or something you are getting when you are trying to email?

Feel free to email me directly if you wish.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh

• Peta Cobbe
    Peta Cobbe Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2017
    I too am having difficulties with getting the emails to send. The error message we are getting is: QuickBooks was unable to find your default mail provider in the Windows Registry. Your form will not be emailed.
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
  • Sarah_6932926
    Sarah_6932926 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2014

I am having trouble email invoices from reckon business 2014.

When I press send email a message pops up - COULD NOT PRINT TO PRINTER. CHECK PRINT SELECTION. PRINTING MAY HAVE BEEN CANCELLED FROM ANOTHER PROGRAM.

When I press OK another window pops up

QUICK BOOKS COULD NOT SAVE YOUR FORM AS A PDF FILE.

I am not trying to print I am pressing send an email.

I am having no problem with printing.

Please help it is doing my head in.

edited December 2016

Hi Sarah,

Have you tried this below link:

http://kb.reckon.com.au//issue_view.asp?ID=3577

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh

• Ian Sims_6973119
    Ian Sims_6973119 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    Hello Sally!
                       When I was using Quickbooks 2012 I had problems with it using email in that it would not work with a web based email system like Gmail. So I talked to Quickbooks and they said the next version would work with web based email systems.  So last week I paid over $1,000 for the 2014 Reckon Accounts Premier upgrade, and even bought a new computer for it, another $1,000.

I checked the internet and found instructions on your web site on how to set up Gmail for Quickbooks, but I did not find the window for set up in my preferences.

So I rang support but they were no help, saying need to use Outlook which I do not have on my new computer and have no need to install it.

They were also unable to tell me what I needed to do to get Gmail to work.

Can you help me?

Ian Sims

ian@greenspeed.com.au

• Sonya Taylor
    Sonya Taylor Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2014

Hi Sally, I have Reckon 2014 and run Outlook 2010 on Windows 8. 3 weeks ago everything worked fine with emailing invoices but I was a way for 10 days and when I returned it had stopped working correctly, I need to restart computer before opening outlook to send emails from Reckon and my outlook must be closed off properly before I can send email from Reckon. I have had an IT person out who has informed me that I need to speak to Reckon as Reckon is apparently running its own outlook in the background. He showed me how to get things to work while I was waiting to speak to Reckon only once he had left What he had shown me wasn't actually working either. The email would come up in email window and I could click send but would not actually appear in my Outlook when I opened it to check if it was in fact sending. I hope you can help.

edited December 2016

Hi Sonya,

Can I suggest trying http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=4546

Otherwise we could organise a remote appointment and I can try a few things for you?

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• Filomena Piacente
    Filomena Piacente Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2015
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$