historic stock prices update

Joe Bus
Joe Bus Member Posts: 2
edited November 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Have been using Quicken/ReckonAccounts Personal Plus for a number of years, unfortunately, I was on holidays over the 30th June period. When I updated stock prices, it only updated the past five days. I have over one hundred stocks which are distributed over a number of accounts. I was advised by Reckon sales team that historic prices would need to be manually entered individual. Is there a fie import facility in ReckonAccounts Personal Plus 2013.

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Hey Joe, welcome to the community. Updating and entering historic prices cannot be automated with a file import. It would need to be done manually. To simplify the process, I would only enter the date & price (closing). Only enter High, Low & Volume if you would like extensive data. - Mirko
  • Joe Bus
    Joe Bus Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I need to manually enter prices for over a hundred stocks, otherwise, all year end reporting will be of little value for previous and future reporting.
  • Peter Hart
    Peter Hart Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2016
    G'day Joe
    2 years is a long time to wait for a response and I certainly hope my query which I just posted will be answered faster.
    What Mirko told you is incorrect.
    I have been importing prices daily in bulk for years. I use Quicken2011 and until this week have found it to be excellent..
    The process I use is simple and requires that you store bulk data in a text file then import it into your portfolio.
    This is all probably much too late for you, but there you go.
    Peter
  • Joanne Mullen
    Joanne Mullen Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2016
    Does the "download" historical share prices feature only work for US shares?

I have been trying to do this properly for years and it only works on some shares.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Joanne,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Download historical prices is a feature for the US sharemarket.  A similar facility was never created for the Australian edition.  For Australian shares you will only get the last 5 days.  

Your US share needs to be configured properly to ensure it gets the share price history.  Here is my setup for IBM shares:

The first Share Price Update gave me daily prices for the past year.  

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John.

• John G
    edited February 2017
    Hi Peter & Joe,

Yes, you can import share prices from a CSV file.  We have a guide on correct formatting and importing of the CSV file here.

Our apologies for the incorrect information earlier.

regards,
    John
  • Joe Patuto
    Joe Patuto Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2016
    Hi, I have tried this approach however not successful. I can import however will not accept high/low and volume data. Are you able to provide an example of how you currently do it. With Thanks

• John G
    edited February 2017
    Hi Joe,

Have a look at the suggestions by a Community member here.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John
This discussion has been closed.