ho to allocate the superannuation payment in premier 2014 ? any idea

Options
Alex_6821446
Alex_6821446 Member Posts: 6
edited February 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
ho to allocate the superannuation payment in premier 2014 ? any idea

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi Alex,

Thanks for your question.  I assume you mean how to create the liability cheque for the super fund... Click Employees > Payroll Tax and Liabilities > Create Custom Liability Payments > set the date range > tick the Super payroll item and enter the amount to go on the cheque in far right side column > click Create > view the cheque and press save.

This will then reduce the liability for that payroll item.

If you were refering to something else please specify.  Thanks.

Regards,
    Shane.
  • Alex_6821446
    Alex_6821446 Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi Shane Thank you very much for the quick response , however is there any way to allocate the lupsum payment to the employees individually ? for example my super liability is 5000 and i have decided to contribute 4000 to some of the employees is there any way i can allocate this 4000 among the selected employees so when i want to contribute the rest 1000 i would have a clear idea who is left to pay

• Sandhya Cornish
    Sandhya Cornish Member Posts: 9
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi, could you pls let me know if you know how to allocate Superannuation to specific employees?
  • Cwf Workforce
    Cwf Workforce Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2015
    Options
    following

• Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi Sandhya,

Thanks for asking the Reckon Community.

Could you please elaborate a little further on what you need to achieve in "allocating superannuation to specific employees" so that we can better help you.  

thanks and regards,
    John
  • Sandhya Cornish
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi John, thanx. I need to allocate super payments to individual employees as the liability is being paid in installments of a couple of employees at a time. From what i know and see i can allocate to a super fund, i would like to do that by fund and employee. Sandy
  • Reckon FAQs
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Thanks Sandy,

You'll need to set up separate super payroll items for each employee with their Super Funds listed as the Agency.  

In the Pay Liabilities screen you will then have entries for each super payroll item.  You can then pick the employees whose super contributions you will be forwarding on this occasion.

Hope this helps,

regards,
    John

• Cwf Workforce
    edited April 2015
    Options
    what if you have more than 40 employees ?
  • Sandhya Cornish
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Would this work retrospective as well? The individual payments are as a result of some staff finishing up, and hence only paying the Super for those staff.
    Thx
  • Reckon FAQs
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi Sandy,

Unfortunately it does not automatically work retrospectively.  Changes you make will apply from the date you made it.

For retrospective pays, you will need to modify the existing pays by deleting the existing super payroll items and replacing them with the new ones.  

regards,
    John.

• Reckon FAQs
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Welcome Cwf Workforce,

If you have 40 employees then you will need 40 super payroll items.  

An alternative would be to use the Super by Employee Report, setting the date range for relevant super contributions period and exporting the report to Excel.  

There you can extract the the employees that will be paid, split them to the various funds, and create totals.  Use these amounts to charge against the relevant super payroll item/SuperFunds that appears on the Pay Liabilities screen. 

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John
  • Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi Sandhya and CWF

I'm going to assume that your liability account for super is a separate account like "Payroll Liabilities:Super Payable" rather than the default "Payroll Liabilities".

There are a number of ways of setting up super and recording the payments to the fund, but irrespective of how you do this I believe that it is good practice (indeed BEST practice) to reconcile your Super Liability Account.

To do this, go into the Chart of Accounts, right click on the liability account then select "Reconcile"

You are reconciling to the date of the last payment and to a zero balance.  Tick off the Payroll entries on the left against the payments on the right.  In screenshot below (from the sample company), I have ticked off payments for everyone but one employee.

After you reconcile, you can work out who hasn't been paid by running an appropriate report with a filter Cleared = "No"

The following is a "Custom Transaction Detail Report", Total by Employee, Dates = All Dates, Cleared = "No",  Account = "Superannuation Payable".  If you have reconciled all the payments to superfunds, this report should equal the balance of the liability account.  Note that if I selected the quarter 1/7/23 to 30/9/23, it would only show unpaid for that quarter - ie the first 3 lines of the report below.

This may seem like a fiddly process but is quite easy as you can just tick all the transactions for a quarter, then tick the payments.  It SHOULD just reconcile, but if not you may need to look at it fund by fund.  

If you have never reconciled the super payable account, reconcile it to the date of the last payment for last financial year, then work through quarter by quarter to present.

Graham Boast 0409317366
    Reckon Accredited Consultant
    graham@reckonhelp.com.au
    http://reckonhelp.com.au/remotesupport.htm

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• Cwf Workforce
    edited April 2015
    Options
    That's Awesome thank you for your reply , i will try it