Home and Business 2020 "Page Scaling" options in the print dialog box greyed out and not working

Phil Gray
Phil Gray Member Posts: 3
Hi I use Home and Business 2020 and the "Page Scaling" options in the print dialog box (scale to X% or scale to Y pages wide by Z pages tall) are greyed out and not available for use. I have reinstalled my printer driver, tried alternate printers + drivers and tried the print as PDF options, and all have the same problem. How to I turn this feature back on please?image

Comments

• mark phillips_10612431
    mark phillips_10612431 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2020
    If you are trying to print to your printer look at the selected printer up top. If you are trying to print to a file or document I think that option will not be valid.
  • Phil Gray
    edited May 2020
    Hi Mark thanks for the quick response. Yes I have got multiple printers and multiple printer drivers, and tried them all, and I’m still experiencing the same issue.I just hid the printer model number from the printscreen for privacy reasons.
  • mark phillips_10612431
    mark phillips_10612431 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2020
    I just checked on mine and definatly related to the driver. If I pick Microsoft xps its greyed Microsoft pdf its greyed My canon ptr is also greyed But Cutepdf writer allows me to scale and print to a pdf Try setting up cute pdf if you do not have it.
  • Phil Gray
    edited May 2020
    Thanks Mark, the cutepdf work-around worked, so I can PDF (with scaled page) and then print. Does anyone know how to fix the problem permanently??