Home Inventory Manager not installed and seem to have lost all my data?

Options
Shane Smith
Shane Smith Member Posts: 21
I have just downloaded Reckon Personal Plus 2016 and when I try to open Reckon Home Inventory Manager it gives me the message box "RHI does not appear to be installed". then it tells me to install it from my CD which i do not have and neither can I have because I am travelling in Europe and Africa. Can I download the Home Inventory Program or files?  

There is a Quicken folder on my C drive with one file in it and a Quicken Home Inventory Manager folder which yesterday seemed to have a stack of files in it, but today seems to be empty? I hope my old data is there somewhere. 
When I tried running qhimanager.exe (or something similar, since it is now missing) it told me it didn't seem to be installed.
I will not be home to access a CD for months or a year. What can you advise me to fix this?

I am running Windows 7 on a PC laptop.
Shane

Comments

• Alex Tan
    Alex Tan Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Shane,

Please try to install Home inventory using below steps.

If you download the installer, go to C:\TEMP\HAB\DISK1\Reckon Home Inventory Manager\installer\
    Then run Qhinstall.exe as administrator.

If you have the disc, go to the disc drive:\TEMP\HAB\DISK1\Reckon Home Inventory Manager\installer\
    Then run Qhinstall.exe as administrator.

(A copy of the installation can be downloaded from this webpage: 
    http://www.reckon.com.au/Pages/accountsp-resources.aspx
    You will need to download the full installation of Reckon Accounts again to access the folder

Regards
    Alex
  • Shane Smith
    Shane Smith Member Posts: 21
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Thank you Alex. That worked, but I lost all my data. I have re-entered it and it is backed up now.
    Shane
  • Alex Tan
    Alex Tan Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Glad I could be of assistance Shane.

For further software enquiries please feel free to continue using the Reckon Community or check out our Online Knowledge Base at http://kb.reckon.com.au/

Kind regards,
    Alex
  • Brian Haigh
    Brian Haigh Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I have tried all of this but still get the message QHIM.exe. has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly