home inventory 2013 With Windows 7 64 bit

Andrew Samuel_6476029
Andrew Samuel_6476029 Member Posts: 3
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have just purchased Reckon Personal Plus 2013 and have installed/upgraded from the download link provided after purchase.

Whenever I attempt to open the app, I get an error "QHIM.exe has stopped working".  If I attempt to open it from within Reckon P+, I am told the app is not installed.

Anyone else having issues with this at all and/or knows of a possible solution?

Many thanks,

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017

Hi Andrew,

Sounds like the Home Inventory Manager has not installed properly. 

I suggest you uninstall it and reinstall by choosing the Home Inventory Manager option on the Install page of the Autorun screen off the installation disk.

You’ll find more details at:  http://kb.reckon.com.au/kb/issue_view.asp?ID=4325

Regards,

John

• Andrew Samuel_6476029
    edited December 2013
    Hi John,

Thanks for the response.  Received my disk in the mail today and reinstalled both Reckon Personal Plus and the Home Inventory Manager and still get exactly the same result - when opening standalone, I still get the error "QHIM.exe has stopped working", and from within Reckon it still says the app is not installed.

Also, there is no listing for Home Inventory Manager on the Install page of the Autorun screen.  The only options are :

Upgrade Information'
    Reckon Essentials
    Support
    User Guide
    Browse CD
    Install
    Trial

The Install selection only gives the option to install Reckon Personal Plus ... there is no mention anywhere of the Home Inventory app.

Thanks.
  • Andrew Samuel_6476029
    edited December 2013
    Just a quick update.  I uninstalled everything, rebooted, installed Accounts, rebooted, then found a small link to manually install the Home Inventory Manager, rebooted again, then tried and was successful.  Also now opens from within accounts too.

Thanks for your assistance.

Cheers
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017

That's great to hear Andrew.

Home Inventory Manager is installed from the Install option > ReckonEssentials on the installation disk's Welcome screen.

Regards,
    John.