Hosted 2015 customised customer invoice is no longer showing all of the changes I made.

Stephen Balson
Stephen Balson Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
The layout in the invoice has been lost. It appears to look like the standard invoice.

Comments

• Gail Friday Office Solutions
    Gail Friday Office Solutions Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    When the files are upgraded, the 2015 version has imported some new standard templates and is defaulting to them.
    Your original templates are still there, you just need to CLICK on the "LIST" tab and then SELECT "Templates" and deactivate all the new templates leaving your template as the only one available that will come up in the selection box
  • Sue Atkinson
    Sue Atkinson Member Posts: 26
    edited February 2017

You may have done this already, but have you looked in the drop down box of the invoice layout for your previous copy? I know that the logos go off the templates when an upgrade is done but not usually the whole format layout.  Let me know if it is there.

• Stephen Balson
    edited April 2015
    Thanks Sue. I did look at all of the layouts in the dropdown box. I even went through each one of them. I had a customer invoice before I upgraded and it is still there, but the layout has changed quite a bit.
  • Stephen Balson
    edited April 2015
    Hi Gail,
    I can still see my custom invoice in the drop down list below the print preview button in the create invoice window.
    I can also see it in the list - templates as you suggested. The problem is that it has changed with the upgrade. I have looked at all of the templates in the list and none are the one I worked on and changed. I could deactivate the custom one, but then it just doesn't appear in he dropdown list. 
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Did you originally change the layout of the default invoice in the old version, or did you create a new differently named customised layout for your specific needs, in the old version?   I'm not sure about this thinking,  but wonder if the new 2015 has overridden a template that had the same template name.... Just a thought.   Gaz
  • Jason Jiao
    Jason Jiao Alumni Posts: 29
    edited February 2017
    Hi all,

We have investigated this issue. This affects the five Reckon Accounts default Custom templates, i.e Custom Adjustment Note,  Custom Estimate, Custom Invoice, Custom Sales Order and Custom Sales Receipt. The workaround is to export those five default templates in 2014 and import them in 2015.  We are sorry about the inconvenience caused. 

If anyone else who has not upgraded to 2015 yet, please rename those five templates if used to different names and all the customisations are carried over to 2015

Please see the knowledge base article below for details:
    http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5259 

Thanks
    Jason
  • Stephen Balson
    edited April 2015
    I think I changed the default one and saved it as "Custom Invoice". Not too sure now.
    reckon have just put a fix up. I will have a go at that.
  • Stephen Balson
    edited April 2015
    Thanks Jason, workaround done. All good now.
  • Kris Harris
    Kris Harris Member Posts: 18
    edited April 2015
    Jason how do you open the company file in 2014 if it's already been converted to 2015?
  • Jason Jiao
    edited July 2015
    Hi Kris, unfortunately we need to restore the 2014 backup before the upgrade to get the templates or re-customize the templates 2015 depending on the work involved.
    Thanks, Jason
  • Vanessa Hales
    Vanessa Hales Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2015
    Can anyone tell me where this fix is?  I have the same problem.  My custom invoice has changed quite a bit, and the logo is gone

• Vanessa Hales
    Vanessa Hales Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2015
    Never mind, it's below. Thanks JasonJ
  • gazza73
    edited December 2016
    Gary

We "Gary's need to stick together'. 

The answer rests in the installation manual on page 16 of the installation process.    Frankly,  tailored reports and templates need to be distinguished from originals , to always ensure access to a distribution version of such items is maintained.  At least in your situation, you have recourse to a fallback to retrofit these.    see at:  http://downloads.reckon.com.au/RAH2015%20R1%20Upgrade%20Guide.pdf

I've responded here, in the hope that others follow the procedure and avoid the concerns you've had.

Keep the faith!  The journey is worth it.

Gary Pope
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant  (VIC. Aust)

"Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
          independent IT Professional
    and retired FCPA Accountant"

• Adam_7542761
    Adam_7542761 Member Posts: 15
    edited October 2016
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How to Set Defualt Invoice Template. Since updating to 2015 R1 my previous default custom invoice template has changed. Now it defaults to Reckon Service Invoice. I've tried making all other invoices inactive but my preferred template but it them defaults to delivery note. Also, my General Preferences are ticked for Automatically Remember Account/Transaction preferences. Every time now I have to manually select the correct invoice template. How do I fix this please?
  • Adam_7542761
    edited October 2016

Hi Guys,

my problem is different from the ones above. I can access my template but I cannot make it the default. Can you please advise how to fix this.

• Jason Jiao
    edited July 2015
    Hi Adam, 
    The Reckon Accounts 2015 does not like the default custom templates names, i.e.Custom Adjustment Note/Estimate/Invoice/Sales Order/Sales Receipt, can you try to rename them to new names like New Custom Invoice? it should resolve your default template issue. Let me know how you go.

Cheers
    Jason
  • Adam_7542761
    edited October 2016

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately it has not fixed the issue. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Adam

• Adam_7542761
    edited October 2016
    Hi Guys, 2 weeks later this is still a problem for me. Any ideas please?
  • Christine_7578368
    Christine_7578368 Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2016
    Hi Adam
    I had the same problem and this is the response I eventually got which seems to have fixed the problem.

Hi Christine,
    Gary's suggestion worked for two of my clients last week - ie:
    - Remove the tick from the General preference 'Automatically remember account or transaction information' and click OK to save.  This will reset all auto recall information unfortunately.
    - Re-set the preference with the sub-preference 'Pre-fill accounts for supplier based on past entries' selected.
    - You must then create a new Invoice using the desired template and save it.
    You will note this setting is under the My Preferences tab so is User based and may need re-setting for other Users setup in the file too.
    Close and re-open Accounts to test and if it works you could then consider changing the sub-preference to 'Automatically recall last transaction for this name' if preferred.
    Hope this works for you too.
    Suzanne

Hope it helps you too

Christine                      
  • gazza73
    edited February 2017
    Adam...

To help:  Here is the article with the clues from 24hrs ago....
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/set-a-customised-invoice-as-default

Gary Pope

• gazza73
    edited February 2017
    So,,  two problems solved here:

a)  ensuring any default templates that have been enhanced  are renamed before upgrading
    b)  outlining how to make a preferred personal templat be used next time round.

Cheers

Gary Pope