hosted 2020 upgrade

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
Upgrade does not work, what a surprise.
You click on the Hosted 2020 R2 button and your file just opens in 2019 R2, no upgrade, nothing.
Reckon is such a bag of shit.  Time to move to a decent piece of software that works well and doesn't have constant glitches, gives you Excel reports in xlxs format on your desktop, has true "single touch payroll", not 15 bloody steps to get the report off to the ATO, Etc, Etc, Etc.
Photo of Ninក Meas

Ninក Meas

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Kris Williams

Kris Williams

• 12,152 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Only thing I have to say is that Reckon are having to deal with a lot of unforeseen glitches, this is unfortunate but to be expected in light of the ATO's new system.
I had no problem with my file, opened the 2020 tab asked me if I wanted to update, I typed Yes and it did a backup, then opened in new version
Photo of John Graetz

John Graetz

• 28,884 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Ninក Meas. To overcome the problem of not loading into 2020R2, try the following:
1.  Totally log out of Reckon and also out of the control panel using close remote sessions and close your browser window.
2.  Open another browser window and try again and hopefully it should work.  Because of something that you did, you have locked it into 2019.  I actually had this same problem because of something that I did which was not correct.
3.  After doing the above, you could also try using a totally different browser and try that as it should not have anything stored in memory linking it to a recent opening into 2019.
John L G
(Edited)
Photo of Daniel O'Leary

Daniel O'Leary

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi John,  thanks for the tip the close remote sessions worked for me after also getting stuck in the 2019 R2 revolving door.  I tried all the usual tricks and nothing else worked except closing remote sessions, which BTW is not intuitive but I managed to work my way through it.
Photo of Kerri

Kerri, Accredited Partner

• 680 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I had no problems upgrading mine or any of my clients so there maybe problems with your data file only. I have used the others and Reckon is still the full featured all round in one package software. I have loved for over 20 years.
Photo of Kris Williams

Kris Williams

Yep me too, I started with Quicken in 1994 after many years of manual bookkeeping, and have loved the programs ever since
Photo of John Graetz

John Graetz

• 28,884 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Yes I am with you in the "club".  I started with Quicken 2 in 1991, then QuickBooks DOS Version 1 and have been there ever since too.  And I am not changing.
John L G
Photo of Kris Williams

Kris Williams

Me neither