Hosted Issue - 6th November 2014

• Announcement
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

We are aware some customers are currently experiencing difficulties logging in.

Our team is currently looking at the resolving this.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

UPDATE: Hi All, as at 11:48am our Technical Team have advised that Hosted at a systematic level is functioning normally. Login times may initially be impacted, but will improve in due course as login demand decreases. If you are having further issues, please let me know as we will be looking into things on case by case basis.

^Mirko
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Tiffany Burness

Tiffany Burness

• 1,286 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Patience has worn out Mirko! These continuous issues are costing small businesses thousands in down time and delays. 
Photo of June

June

• 290 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Reckon, I am unsure that you read all the comments made but in faith that you are actually interested and care I am going to share with you a consequence of your system being unavailable.
Here in NZ we have to ensure that our sale invoices are received by our customers no later than the 3rd or 4th working day of the month. This will guarantee us receiving payments for our services on the 20th of the month. The effect of not being able to send out our sale invoices to our customers on time will mean we miss their cut off time and our sale invoices will be treated as November debt and won’t be paid until December. Now I have a cash flow problem and I still have to pay our salaries, PAYE and our creditor invoices on the 20th of November but my invoices won’t be paid until December.

In my case I responsible for the bank and cash flow and telling the CEO that I can’t raise our sales invoices because of your application not being available and that he will have to make arrangements with our bank regarding our cash flow will not be a pleasant task. I am already at breaking point because of yesterday my machine kept getting the blue screen and now today no application.

Most of your clients are small to mid-range (hence why we use Reckon) cash flow is a daily responsibility and not being able to raise invoices could possible put a company in risk of continuing.

To receive an acknowledgement that you recognise what your customers are currently going through would be something. Telecom got such a blasting and TV coverage when their network went down when they swapped to 3G, they contacted their customers and they paid compensation, just a shame that you don’t receive the same media attention and act in a way that your customers are willing to bear with you.
Photo of Leonie Raffan

Leonie Raffan

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes!!  We agree with all that you have said, and I am already thinking that our business should bale out and use a different application such as MYOB or go back to purchasing the program and not have the hosted issues. This will be a great pity, as i was enjoying the fact that my book keeper could do some of my work from home, lessening her travel time and cost to me. Plus the fact that my accountant had access to help me run a more efficient business etc. The idea is good, however, I can't afford the down time either. 

With respect 
Photo of Krischan

Krischan

• 1,318 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Wow well written. I certianly hope Mirko puts this example forward and somewhat higher up...

I bet other than Mirko, no RECKON employees are reading this thread... the response from RECKON would be very differnet if they valued their customers.
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 51,566 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Mirko this has been the case for at least an hour. This response is inadequate
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Kevin, I'm just passing on what I hear on my way to work.

If you're getting the blue screen this may be point in the right direction: https://twitter.com/mlo553/status/530...

Once I'm in the office I'll get back to all users with more info.
Photo of Tiffany Burness

Tiffany Burness

• 1,286 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Did not work...... Going on 2 hours now this is ridiculous 
Photo of Kim St George

Kim St George

• 364 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
AN ETA!! ALL WE WANT IS AN ETA!
Photo of Kris Scott

Kris Scott

• 560 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

why do you not test the updates before you launch them - not good enough. Gone.

Photo of ST

ST

• 618 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I'm on livechat with Quickbooks Australia waiting to find out if I can switch over to them without too much trouble.  I can't take it any more. 

Can anyone suggest any other online accounting sites?
Photo of SR

SR

• 1,200 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

This is F******G Rediculous!

What on earth are the clowns at Reckon doing. Thursday for many people in Australia is pay day! I cannot pay contractors, staff and suppliers because you idiots have yet again stuffed around with the program.

WHY on earth do you feel the need to "fix" something when it was not broken and for the first time in a long time was running just fine!

I am sooooooooo cross. We are looking a XERO as are many of your disgruntled, and P***ED off customers I should think!

Will there be credits forthcoming for yet more rubbish we as the paying customer have to endure!

Photo of Tess Cox

Tess Cox

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Australia is having problems too
Photo of June

June

• 290 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Reckon you need to react to the above, you have to take responsibility of the stress you are causing users. Do you think Tess contractors, staff and suppliers are interested that Reckon software is broken and doesn't do the job it advertises? They just want paying NOW. May be all customers should refuse to pay their next annual subscription! I bet your not slow to cut off their log in rights.
Photo of Lucy Barclay

Lucy Barclay

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Any update at all?? I managed to scam my way in through internet explorer only to do a whole lot of work and have it freeze on me and lose everything! Thanks for an awesome Thursday! Seriously... just don't fiddle with things... we don't need any updates... just need the system to actually do what it says on the box on a consistent daily basis! Just make it work and stop messing with it!!!
Photo of Angela

Angela

• 268 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Yet again, I cannot log in all I get is a black screen - this is bloody ridiculous - WHEN will this problem be fixed? this happens regularly, and not only wastes my time, but money!!!!!!!!
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

• 2,870 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Sorry Reckon I have been a long time user of Reckon and always recommended it to other businesses.  Our accountant has been recommending we give you the flick for over a year but I insisted that it will improve soon.  We have given you more than enough time, you are now costing this business too much time and money and I have no choice, we are now in the process of changing to another accounting product.
Photo of Kris Scott

Kris Scott

yep here too Kerry - I can no longer convince myself let alone anyone else to stay with QuickBooks - too many down hours - and past two days only been able to have one user logged in. Not terrible service there is no service.

Photo of Janette Hall Houeix

Janette Hall Houeix

• 802 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
What product are you changing to Kerrie?
Photo of leslie leon

leslie leon

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
What product are you changing to... I'd like to change too... sick & tired of these continuous hick ups...
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

Xero, you can test a trial version.  Our accountant swears by it and I have a friend that has worked with both Reckon and MYOB, her new job is using Xero and she thinks its great.  Sorry Reckon I wouldn't recommend anything else except for the lack of service or responsibility from you. 
Photo of Robin

Robin

• 1,678 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Does it do Wages?
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

Yes payroll is apparently excellent, it also has really great reports and automatic bank reconcillation for Bendigo Bank which I have asked Reckon when it will be included but have never had a reply.  Printing is also quick and not the 5 prompts we currently have with Reckon, I can see this with only a short session on the trial version.  I know of a few different accountants who are now recommending it.  I am wondering how many renewal subscriptions Reckon will have in the coming 12 months and if the service can get any worse?
Photo of Renee Scaddan-Nile

Renee Scaddan-Nile

• 1,926 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Yes we are changing too. Getting our own program built had enough of working 40 hour weeks just to print invoices then having to delete the hundreds of open windows and cut&copy 3 million times lagging when in multi mode WHICH WE PAY EXTRA FOR I have to ask the other person to log off just to get my work done in a day.
I really hope for all the customers that are going to stick with Reckon that you guys are reading these posts.
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 51,566 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Mirko it doesn't bother me I don't use the system I'm worried I just signed up two new clients and they will want my guts for garters. I'm pretty sure they aren't going to be patient. I sold them the system based on uptime and stability
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Thanks for your feedback guys. Our tech team has isolated the cause of the issue and are working on it as we speak. Look to have good news ASAP. I'll keep you all updated.
Photo of Kris Scott

Kris Scott

why not tested before you launched it - NZ new it had problems. Crap.

Renee Scaddan-Nile

waiting.....have 200 invoices to get out before noon
Photo of Bianca

Bianca

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have been trying to get on since 7:30am  It is by far my busiest week & this always happens.  FIX IT!
Photo of Kim St George

Kim St George

MIRKO!! WE WANT AN ETA!
Photo of VISHAL RAVAL

VISHAL RAVAL

• 70 Points
Hey Mirko, AN ETA PLEASE
Photo of Erdem Salih

Erdem Salih

• 538 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Useless Reckon!
Photo of Kim St George

Kim St George

Do i sit at work all day waiting or can u give us a rough estimate of when this is going to be resolved! Saying your working on it does not help!
Photo of Tess Cox

Tess Cox

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
its funny, i now think it was quicker staying with Quickbooks on my computer and Snail Mailing the copies of the books to Accountants etc...
this is a waste of my time and our companies money.... This is not good for Small businesses..
Photo of graham

graham

• 370 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Out of business.

We are currently 'out of business' with unavailability of Reckon Online

Renee Scaddan-Nile

this is getting old FAST
Photo of Aimee Fitzjohn

Aimee Fitzjohn

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Spending my "invoicing" time at work this morning researching new online accounting programs, since I cant do what I should be doing.........Reckon is shooting themselves in the foot giving me all this "down" time..... ;)
Photo of Bianca

Bianca

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Mirko.. Seriously you need to give us an ETA. I can't just sit in front of my screen all day & wait, should i bill Reckon for my hours?
Photo of graham

graham

• 370 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Out of business.
Photo of Ginny Trass

Ginny Trass

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled has anyone else been unable to open Reckon today in NZ - I have tried several ti....

cannot get access
Photo of Megan McKay

Megan McKay

• 62 Points
I am in NZ and can not get in either - very frustrating!
Photo of Claire Keen

Claire Keen

• 188 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled "The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this wo....

Hi, everytime I try and log on to reckon hosted I get the following: "The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship". I was fine to log on yesterday and I haven't changed any settings on my computer???
Photo of Joanna Morris

Joanna Morris

• 72 Points
Yes - same here!
Photo of Kim St George

Kim St George

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Does NZ have an ETA? Any response would be great as opposed to being ignored?.
Photo of David Bennett

David Bennett

• 260 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cannot login to Reckon Hosted this morning, when will this be fixed?.
Photo of Jo Delaney

Jo Delaney

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Can we please have an update - Reckon is costing me thousands, I have had to employ a staff member to just work this program as I don't time to deal with the continuous lag.
Photo of Elizabeth Courtney

Elizabeth Courtney

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Log in.

Can't log in again.  I am too busy for this.

Photo of Belinda Constable

Belinda Constable

• 444 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can't log in - black screen - trust relationship failed with primary domain.

Hi, this morning when both of our computers attempted to log in to Hosted, a black screen appeared stating "the trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed. OK".  After clicking OK, I am then presented with a login screen for Windows Server 2012 offering to sign into another domain. I have restarted my computer and started the login process all over again, and now have the same screen (which also leads to the login for Windows Server 2012).  I then tried again without restarting and the first screen I get (after it tells me I have connected to Hosted) is "The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship."  I need to get some work done.  Is this a global issue and if so, how long will it take to be rectified?  I have looked through existing threads and can't find anything this specific.  Also, it would be good to be able to paste pictures in this description so I can show you what the screens look like.... 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.