Hosted Issue - 6th November 2014

• Announcement
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

We are aware some customers are currently experiencing difficulties logging in.

Our team is currently looking at the resolving this.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

UPDATE: Hi All, as at 11:48am our Technical Team have advised that Hosted at a systematic level is functioning normally. Login times may initially be impacted, but will improve in due course as login demand decreases. If you are having further issues, please let me know as we will be looking into things on case by case basis.

^Mirko
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

11:13AM - Number of users still continuing to rise. As with previous message, login time maybe impacted due to large number of users, all attempting to login at the same time. Further updates will be provided as they arise.
Photo of Jim Lindrea

Jim Lindrea

• 246 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Ok Can I ask...Once we have logged in, what are you doing about all of the other issues we face with the functionality of the program?
Photo of Aaron Griffiths

Aaron Griffiths

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Once again, about as much transparency as a solid jarrah door.  There seems to be more "issues" here than a 100 year old daily newspaper.
Photo of Leroy

Leroy

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Still no joy.

Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hi All, as at 11:48am our Technical Team have advised that Hosted at a systematic level is functioning normally. Login times may initially be impacted, but will improve in due course as login demand decreases. If you are having further issues, please let me know as we will be looking into things on case by case basis. ^Mirko
Photo of Jim Lindrea

Jim Lindrea

I am having further issues!!!!!! I have posted about them a few times have you read them?

What do I do about getting them looked at case by case?

Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hi Jim, if you require one to one assistance logging in please let me know. If this relates to other issues you are having with performance of Hosted please open a new thread or contact our support team direct. ^Mirko
Photo of Jim Lindrea

Jim Lindrea

What about the fact you have charged me twice for the renewal...It was paid last week, Yesterday we were logged out, when out receptionist called they said we needed to pay, Unaware it was paid she did again just to log in, Now we have paid twice, how do I get a refund? Who do I talk to??

Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Jim, I'd love to help but have no access to view or adjust financials.  Please give our customer service team a call on 1800 RECKON, they can look into a refund for a double payment. ^Mirko
Photo of Jim Lindrea

Jim Lindrea

I have tried,  I am on hold at the moment, tot of 42min.  This has taken me all day to log in and now sort this issue out.  It is 2pm and I haven't been able to do any of my work today, so I will be here after everyone goes home doing that.  At what point dose reckon become liable for time waisted?  Nothing I have done has caused this!  as far as I can tell I have paid you twice for a product that dose not work, and waisted a whole day on rectifying... and that is just today!!  I have been documenting the down time this software has caused, and potential loss of business.  Is there someone I should contact regarding compensation?  or do I just go to consumer affairs?
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Jim, this would be something to discuss with our customer service team. I'm sorry to hear of your experiences and hope they are all addressed shortly.
Photo of Jim Lindrea

Jim Lindrea

If I could get through..... I would!

can you give me the email address of someone who can help me?   I have sent 2 emails in the past and have not had a reply. 

Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Shoot me an email Jim (community@reckon.com) and I'll escalate it for you. Cheers, Mirko.
Photo of Jim Lindrea

Jim Lindrea

Ok I have sent an email, here is a copy I have sent to reckon.  I will post any reply's I get here so everyone can see what is being done.......... 

We have had ongoing issues with your hosted product since your major update a few months back.  I have tried to call and email technical support and the 1 response I have had from Dean over the phone was rude at best.  I am struggling to work out how you manage to keep this shambles up without going back to the way it was......We had about 4 days of down time when you did the changeover but no apology.  I have wasted countless hours of my time, and paid an employee countless hours for sitting and waiting for this substandard product to work.  The 2 emails I sent had NO reply....To which I am discussed.....So that is the start.......

Last week I had a message saying I can’t log in because our account needs renewal.  I rang and asked why I hadn’t been notified.  I couldn’t find an email anywhere, the lady told me one had been sent, I asked when, she said I don’t know it gets sent automatically, I asked how she can know if it was sent.  She said the computer dose it and she can’t check. 
She then gave me a couple of days to pay it.  I sent to the book keeper to pay, which she did that day. However I was thinking WHY do I need to pay for a product that doesn’t work properly...  So  I called Tech support, i had a standard 35min wait on hold, then I get the most unenthusiastic  arrogant person named Dean who did nothing to help at all.  I wanted to give him a list of my issues for him to go and investigate and get back to me.  He said I needed to stay on the line for him to help.  I mentioned that I was flat out and I had already waited over half an hour.  He then said the real issue is that you (Jim)  do not want to spend the time needed to fix any issues.  I was most appalled by this as I think it is not my job to stay on hold while he tries to fix issues.  I then asked to speak to a supervisor...He said they will say the same thing.....I asked for a supervisor again and he said he doesn’t have one.  I then asked for an ID number or a last name and he said he will not provide either.   I am wanting to take this further, but the major problem still exists, he actually started another.  Is it possible for someone to listen to the recording and see how un helpful he was

Wednesday our receptionist came into work and couldn’t log on....She called customer service, to which they told her that our account has not been paid, unaware of the book keeper paying previously she paid it again.....Why was there no record of us paying last week?, why did they not know it had been paid?.  It seems the issues with reckon is more than the functionality of the program,  would it be fair to assume you are using quick books as your accounting software and that is how it got missed...needless to say I want my money back ASAP.  If you could please look into this for me

Thursday, Cant log in until 1:30pm due to....well I don’t know because no one answers the phone or emails. 

That is so much down time on just this alone, the accumulated time waisted in the last few months equates to around 100 hours.   Then there are the customers that didn’t come back after I said I am having trouble with my accounting software and can’t write you an invoice, would you mind coming back.  I have lost 3 jobs that I know of totalling $4,500.  I’m sure there are more that I was not told of

Now....The functionality issues I have every day that needs to be fixed

Very long loading time at start up

Once logged on I often cant input the password, The only fix I can find is to close and log on again...It usually opens faster the second time.....but that is little consolation

Tab Button works backwards

Scroll on the mouse only works 50% of the time

Can’t change the text in description fields, if we need to change we have to retype the whole description again

Pages Don’t load properly, left with an outline of the window box with the window behind showing...clicking outside the window can help, if not, close and log in AGAIN!

I don’t want to over load you and have you put me in the too hard basked like everyone else so I will go through the rest of the issues when someone bothers to respond.

I also want to know when dose reckon become liable for disadvantaging their customers.  I have another company that uses MYOB and in 4 years I have not had one issue.  The only reason we use reckon is so my book keeper can work from home, but the down time is costing me more than what I am saving, then I have the danger of losing clients.  I think there is reason for compensation regarding all of these issues, but I have been waiting for them to be resolved before I take matters further.  But it seems they are not being resolved.  I just cant understand how you expect customers to pay for a service that clearly does not work properly, in fact costs small business, then to rub salt into the wound then charged twice

I would really appreciate some help please.

Regards

Jim *******

Photo of Roger B

Roger B

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Your new system is worst than your old system!!!!!!.

I cannot believe a new system can take so long to debug
Photo of Judy

Judy

• 400 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Mirko, perhaps you should suggest users clear their Cache and Refresh as this seems to have helped!

Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Thanks for your tip Judy. Clearing browser history is always a good idea. For those who are unsure how to do this see this page >> ^Mirko
Photo of Stephen Taylor

Stephen Taylor

• 62 Points
1225 AEDT and still no successful login.  At least the time offline has enabled me to check out alternatives and even start the sign up process.  Been a customer since we had 3.5" floppies but rapidly losing interest in Reckon.  Presently uncomfortable recommending to clients.

Steve
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hi Stephen, sorry to hear you are still having troubles. Please email me (community@reckon.com) your customer ID and contact number and I'll have someone look into things for you. ^Mirko.
(Edited)
Photo of Stephen Cotterill

Stephen Cotterill

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Hosted Outage.

Hi Reckon

I have a client who has just rang me to complain about Reckon Hosted being down all morning, as he has five staff waiting around unable to work because they can't process their orders.  I was an Accredited Partner for quite a few years and clearly remember being told about Reckon having a 'hot site' to cover failures at the main site - what is happening ,  why is the system not reverting to the hot site?  This is very bad for my clients and yours.

Steve
Photo of Elizabeth Courtney

Elizabeth Courtney

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Log in.

How long will it be before I can log in.  Come on guys.
Photo of graham

graham

• 370 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
At long last we have been able to log in
Reckon have a duty of care to ensure there is some redundancy to ensure this never happens again
Software modifications must never be implemented unless they are throughly tested
This time there was no fall back which has substantially damaged the Reckon Brand
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hi Graham, thanks for your feedback and suggestions. They will be escalated accordingly. I would like to clarify that the issue which impacted some customers from logging in yesterday was not due to updates/system modifications. In fact there were no modifications implemented yesterday, or in the last few weeks.
Photo of graham

graham

• 370 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Unfortunately we all rely on 100% uptime for all online services

Online banking is one area where reliable service is most important but even the major banks have had issues with their computer online systems e.g CBA and NAB to mention some.

Fortunately the problems are few and far between.

Reckon Online is an integral part of many small and medium businesses and following the lastest issue where the system was not available for at least 6 hours was a serious issue which affected the ability of many Reckon Online customers to actually function and most of us were faced with additional costs associated with the downtime, particularly where the system was being used for payroll and production of invoices to support trading activities.

There have been many 'threats' by disaffected Reckon customers to move to Zero of MYOB in retaliation or even pay to develop their own software.

I have been using Quickbooks since about DOS version 3.0.  Over the years our business has grown substantially such that an online facility which provides data backup and large history files is important to us.

Reckon software supplies our needs.

Like a 'marriage' a 'divorce' can bring it's own set of problems, not the least being the ability to transfer historical data from one supplier to another.  Generally this is not a proposition so one is 'locked' into an existing supplier.

Historically Quickbooks is so much more user friendly than MYOB.  The new kid on the block is of course Zero.

Granted there has been much angst over the situation with Reckon Online when it was using a VPN Citrix.  It was a major improvement to move to a true web based system but this has not been without its issues.

A number of issues can be related to a poor quality broadband connection, particularly in country areas.

What Reckon need to do is to be more mindful of the need to provide a near to 100% up time as ppossibel.  This means providing for redundancy and mirror systems.  Prior to installation of modifications they need to be properly tested.  However in the instance when a problem occurs which happened today it should be possible to revert to the previous versions quickly.

Without customers Reckon does not have a business and they need to be very conscious that their customers are only forgiving to a point and today's debacle was an instance that has resulted in a serious breach of trust with their suppliers.
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

• 2,870 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
The serious breach has been happening for quite some time.  Not to mention all the glitches when reports, emails and print dialogue boxes don't load properly, this has been going on since Reckon changed over from Citrix, so not a short time when it happens daily and the only fix is to go to the control panel and log out because the program is not responding.  It is very embarrassing when you have a customer waiting for you to open the control panel to close and re-open the program then 5 clicks to print a document.  I have tested our internet speed every time and it has been always above average, so why is it so slow?  I avoid phoning Reckon because it is very difficult to be on hold with them and answer other incoming calls, not to mention that you have to stay on the line whilst they work through the problem, meanwhile you are not attending to your customers who do not understand because it is so ridiculous.  I have always used and recommended QuickBooks and Reckon, unfortunately this latest breach is the straw that broke the camel back, I no longer trust them or have anything good to say about the program.  Reckon hasn't improved, it is on a big downhill slide!
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 50,854 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It's not called Quickbooks. That is owned by Intuit. It's called Reckon. Quickbooks is cloud based software. Reckon has desktop software as well
Photo of Kim J

Kim J

• 268 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Ha, thank you Kevin, but I don't think that's the point.  The name is the least of our problems.
Photo of Mary Stephens

Mary Stephens

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled CANNOT LOG IN EITHER!!.

Please keep us uptodate.  Business is at a standstill because of this!  Thanks.  
Photo of Krischan

Krischan

• 1,318 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Everyone!

So who has contacts in media/daily newspapers to write a story on the battle small businesses have with RECKON to get the service they are paying for? Just putting it out there as there seem to be many many small - medium sized businesses sufferign from their incompetence.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Krischan, please email me at community@Reckon.com and I'll have someone look into your concerns. ^Mirko
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.