Hosted is re using old invoice no's???

Options
holysmoked
holysmoked Member Posts: 12
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
We use Hosted 2015 R1.  In the  create invoice window the newest invoice no is 20908 and no other customers appear after this no. In the find window, invoice no 20908 has already been allocated as has all no's up to 21063. So now when I input a new invoice a message comes up telling me that this no is already being used  Not sure how this has happened or how to have the create invoice window show the correct invoice no???

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hi.  It should just be a simple issue of typing in the correct number and then the sequence will take over from the number, when you create the next one.  That has always been the case and I have just tested it and found this to be still the case.  John
  • holysmoked
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi John,
    I have followed your advice, thank you.  Do you know why the this happens?
    Cheers,
    Anthony
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Anthony.  This tends to happen if you have gone to an old invoice, deleted it and re-done it with the same number.  Reckon then regards this as the last number used and so starts the sequence from that point.  I think that this is about the only instance, because if you attempt to re-use an old number (rather than a deleted one) you will get a warning message.  John
  • holysmoked
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thank's John