Hosted Login issue - My second user cannot login.

Sara_7151075
Sara_7151075 Member Posts: 66
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted

We are having issues with the 2nd user login not working!

We can log the user into the Reckon Hosted dashboard, however logging into the company file results in a message to say that the user is already logged in.

We have tried "Log off the remote session" several times until the account does not appear in the list after refreshing any longer, but we still keep getting the message. (this usually works)

Please someone let me know what I am missing

Comments

• Kelly Day
    Kelly Day Accredited Partner Posts: 43 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited November 2019
    Is the file in multi-user mode? The administrator may have need to switch to single user mode to perform a function (BAS for example) and forgot to switch back to multi-user mode. Go to File > Switch to mult-user mode Alternatively, perhaps the licence renewal has lapsed and therefore inactive, disallowing you from using it but not returning the expected message
  • Sara_7151075
    edited September 2017

Hi Kelly, Yes we are in Multi User mode (I forgot to add that in my comments)

Today User 2 can get in but I cannot!

Licence renewal is due in Oct 16 for myself and March 17 for 2nd user (only had 2nd user for 1 month)

• Jen_8082210
    Jen_8082210 Member Posts: 16
    edited April 2020
    Hi Sara, Try going into the control panel; and under log off remote user you can see who is logged on and log them off.  This should work - I hope!
  • Sara_7151075
    edited September 2017

Hi Jenny, I've tried that several times as per my original post - this normally works :(

• Jen_8082210
    edited April 2020
    Sorry Sara - I obviously didn't read your post properly!  Hope you have it sorted soon.
  • Pausa
    Pausa Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2016
    Hi Sara, I had that happen yesterday and again this morning.  It seems to your user is hanging in the file.  I logged in on the same computer under a different number and then back to the first number and it reset it for one time, the other I restarted the computer that was logged into it and it fixed the problem. 

Hope it works

• Sara_7151075
    edited September 2017

hmmm tried all this too, both accounts were properly logged out last night and computers were shut down.

I just tried logging in again (to the other user) even checked the control panel to see that the user definitely was NOT logged in before attempting to log him in. Still got the message

I tell you what... its doing our heads in..... just paid $550 to make it easier on ourselves - and this is the dilemma I'm faced with for two days.

It has happened to us before, but we were able to beat it manually logging users out - sometimes 15-20 times in a row until once refreshed, they no longer appear.

Oh ...... and to add to it - now all I get is a black screen

• Jen_8082210
    edited April 2020
    I had trouble until I started using Mozilla Firefox browser, now that I think about it.  Could your browser be causing problems?
  • Sara_7151075
    edited September 2017

It seems that although we are (both) in multi user mode, it will only allow one of us to login.

It also appears that although he is logging in as his user, when he logs into the company file, he is logging in as the other user instead of his own.

• Lesley Xerri
    Lesley Xerri Member Posts: 20
    edited July 2017
    Hi Sara, try clearing your browser history, close the browser and try again - this often works a treat.

• Lesley Xerri
    edited September 2017
    Am I right that you have just purchased the 2nd licence?
    I'm feeling there may be 2 problems here.
    I hope I don't offend - but as Admin of the data file, have you created another user within the data file for logging into the data file purposes?
  • Sara_7151075
    edited September 2017

Thanks everyone for your help. I have phoned Reckon for assistance and the gentleman was extremely helpful (should have called yesterday)

For reference to anyone who has the same issue it is an easy fix and here it is.

Whilst we were logging into the dashboard, we were still launching the company file as the same user -  "admin" even though he had his own user name.

You can certainly login in at the same time, but your users need there own login :)

Whoops :\

• Sara_7151075
    edited April 2016

we had, but he was using mine - problem solved :)

and not offensive at all, I jumped on here to ask for help - so thank you

• Lesley Xerri
    edited December 2016
    No problems Sara!