hosted login

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Reckon Hosted - can we have more than one login for Reckon Hosted. Can more than one person be logged in at a time
Photo of JO-ANNE

JO-ANNE

• 2,872 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 51,364 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yes you can and yes you can. You need to purchase an additional subscription.
Photo of JO-ANNE

JO-ANNE

can you advise how much that is please
Photo of Kevin Russell

Same price as the first licence. No discount
Photo of JO-ANNE

JO-ANNE

$800 odd....really!
Photo of Kevin Russell

Jo the first one doesnt cost $800
Photo of JO-ANNE

JO-ANNE

sorry, I am confused. To pay the annual subscription is about $800. Is the licence different to this?
Photo of Kevin Russell

Hosted does not cost 800pa. Its less than 500
Photo of JO-ANNE

JO-ANNE

okay, so to get a second licence, have to pay that again? that is a bit steep. Something Reckon needs to look at. 
When a bookeeper has to login remotely and the owner of the business is using the software at the same time, this is not possible until you purchase that second licence?
Photo of Kevin Russell

I must be missing something. Yes if there are two people using the file simultaneously you need two licences. Thats because there is two users
Photo of Kevin Russell

Pretty surevReckon have looked at it. It has been like that since the beginning
Photo of JO-ANNE

JO-ANNE

here is the scenario. I am currently reconciling a clients file remotely. when i have queries, i have to log out so she can login. To avoid this, one of us has to purchase another licence at $500. Is  that correct?
Photo of Kevin Russell

Well you could use teamviewer to look at the other screen. As long as you dont needcto use the file youll be fine. Call me if you think i can help Kevin t:0407744914
Photo of John Graetz

John Graetz

• 24,044 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Jo-Anne.  There is possibly hope for you yet.  As Kevin says, somebody needs to have a second licence to be able to login at the same time.  That could be your bookkeeper, if they already happen to have a Hosted Licence, then you can share your company file with them.  To use an example, I have my own Hosted Licence but I can access two other company files, because those two separate entities have shared their company file with me.  John L G
(Edited)
Photo of Kevin Russell

John yes but the bookkeeper ought to be a Professional partner.You still need a seperate licence no matter who pays.
(Edited)
Photo of JO-ANNE

JO-ANNE

I am a professional partner. So i need to pay $500 odd and will get 2 other licences to access my clients files? is that correct?
Photo of Kevin Russell

If you are a professional partner your client can share his file so you wont need another licence.
Photo of John Graetz

John Graetz

• 24,044 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Jo-Anne.  To clarify what I didn't say clearly enough and to confirm what Kevin has said.  If your clients have a Reckon Hosted licence, then they can share their company files with you.  They don't need another licence to do that.  Having just one, allows them to share their file with somebody else who has a Hosted licence, providing that party is either a Professional Partner or an Accredited Partner.  Many businesses will share their company file with their accountant (who already hold their own licence), to use an example, so that the accountant can view the file remotely.
John L G
(Edited)
Photo of Kevin Russell

John as i already stated that is correct.