Hosted Service Disruptions: 27/09 & 01/10

• Announcement
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Please be advised, as a result of security updates from our Australian based infrastructure partners Amazon (AWS), there will be two service disruptions to Reckon Accounts Hosted over the coming days.

These outages have been scheduled to provide minimal disruption.

The dates of the outages are Saturday 27th September from 4am to 8am and Wednesday 1st October from 4am to 8am (AEST).

The team at Reckon and our partners at Amazon treat security and performance as our top priorities.

We apologise if any inconvenience is caused to yourself or your clients as a result of these disruptions to service. Normal service will resume after each outage and going forward.

UPDATE - 8:30am 28/09: Maintenance performed by Amazon was completed at scheduled time. Testing has been performed by our IT and Development teams prior to Hosted going live again at 8am. Thanks again for your patience. ^Mirko

UPDATE 2 - 2:15 PM 30/09: Hi all, we're almost there! This is a friendly reminder that the second AWS Security Update is scheduled for tomorrow morning (1 October 2014) between 4:00am to 8:00am. ^Mirko

UPDATE 3 - 5:00 PM AEST 30/09 - This outage will also affect NZ customers as the outage is a result of Amazon (AWS) performing upgrades. Amazon host the infrastructure (servers) that Hosted runs off and all data files are stored on. This means that NZ will also be affected. I apologise for the above communication not being clear on this factor. I will update it accordingly. I'm also sorry for the late notice you have receive that you will not be able to access Hosted from 7am to 11am NZ time as a result of this.

UPDATE 4 - 8:58AM AEST 01/01  -   First of all apologies to all. This outage was scheduled by Amazon (AWS) who are run the infrastructure (servers) for the Cloud environment. The purpose of the update was a Security Update. Amazon, like ourselves treat Security and privacy with the utmost priority. I apologise again that this has gone into over time. Our IT team is looking into this matter as a priority. I will update you all in 15 minutes. Thanks for your patience. ^Mirko

UPDATE 6 - 9:40AM AEST 01/01: Hosted AU is up and running. Our IT team is still working on getting NZ operational as soon as possible. We apologise if any inconvenience has resulted of this outage, and understand your frustration.
Your feedback will be passed on to our Contact with AWS advising of the effect updates on the first of the month have. Thank you for your patience.
NZ Users – Please check here for further updates.
AU Users – Please note that Hosted AU may be a bit slow initially due to the amount of customers that will log in simultaneous now.

UPDATE 11:30AM AEST | 01:30PM NZDST :
AU - Please be aware AU Hosted is up and running. Due to high demand some users are experiencing long periods to login. If you are experiencing black or white screen, please try to log in again in 10 to 15 minutes.
NZ - We understand there are still significant issues and we will keep you updated as information comes to hand from our Tech Team. ^Mirko

UPDATE - 10:55 AM AEST | 01:55PM NZDST
AU - Number of active users logged in is climbing constantly. Prior messaging still stands.
NZ - Our Tech Team are still investigating and hope to have a final resolution around the corner. We will be able to provide with a clearer update in the next half hour.

LATEST UPDATE - 11:11AM AEST | 02:11 PM NZSDT 01/10/2014 :

AU - Number of active users logged in is continuing to rise. We are dealing with isolated cases.

NZ - Please be aware Hosted NZ has gone live. As with AU customers logging in may be a bit slow initially due to the amount of customers that will be simultaneously attempting to login. If you are experiencing black or white screen, please try to log in again in 10 to 15 minutes. Thank you for your patience and understanding. If there is any further information to pass on going forward it will be passed on via this thread.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

UPDATE 8:58AM: First of all apologies to all. This outage was scheduled by Amazon (AWS) who are run the infrastructure (servers) for the Cloud environment. The purpose of the update was a Security Update. Amazon, like ourselves treat Security and privacy with the utmost priority. I apologise again that this has gone into over time. Our IT team is looking into this matter as a priority. I will update you all in 15 minutes. Thanks for your patience. ^Mirko
Photo of Kerri

Kerri

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I don't feel this is good enough, you've waited over an hour to update us! pathetic really
Photo of Vivien Atcheson

Vivien Atcheson

• 2,700 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
hahaha OMG WTF... thanks for the chuckle ... I really needed that! At least Mirko is offering 15 minute updates instead of the usual 20mins offered by customer service (I know I didn't capitalise the title of that department ... I don't believe that it deserves that kind of respect...)
Photo of Kelly Day, Accredited Partner

Kelly Day, Accredited Partner, Accredited Partner

• 2,064 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Clear your browsing history and you should be fine

Regular clearing of browsing history will assist with speed issues  - we went from system running like treacle on a cold day to lightening speed - hope you experience the same results

Cheers,

Kelly Day

Regular clearing of browsing history will assist with speed issues  - we went from system running like treacle on a cold day to lightening speed - hope you experience the same results

Cheers,

Kelly Day
Photo of Nicky Morgan

Nicky Morgan

• 346 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
"Please be advised, as a result of security updates from our Australian based infrastructure partners Amazon (AWS), there will be two service disruptions to Reckon Accounts Hosted over the coming days.

These outages have been scheduled to provide minimal disruption"

Imagine if they were scheduled to provide maximum disruption ..... oh wait ..... grrr
Photo of Gary Price

Gary Price

• 2,252 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
How many must this happen before those morons in the IT dept realise that you DON'T do maintenance or upgrades at the beginning/end of month!

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID
There is definitely a moron here Gary... and an ignorant one at that.

Maybe read this article before criticising a fellow human being, even if they are IT (our IT guy is like a robot, but still a human). I for one would like Amazon to jump on this sooner than later rather than have the whole network go down because the maintenance time didn't schedule Gary Price.

Jan
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

UPDATE 5: We are currently testing login in at the moment. We're not far off getting everything up and stable for everyone. Further updates to come.
Photo of Alexsey Chernih

Alexsey Chernih

• 60 Points
I cant understand why this cant be done at 1 in the morning, actually anytime between 7pm and 7am when people are not needing to get out a quote for $30,000 to a new ideal client.

Im luckily in the trial month and to hear these comments is a real eye opener, possibly a business saver.

Cheers,

Kelly Day
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

UPDATE 6: Hosted AU is up and running. Our IT team is still working on getting NZ operational as soon as possible. We apologise if any inconvenience has resulted of this outage, and understand your frustration.

Your feedback will be passed on to our Contact with AWS advising of the effect updates on the first of the month have. Thank you for your patience.

NZ Users – Please check here for further updates.

AU Users – Please note that Hosted AU may be a bit slow initially due to the amount of customers that will log in simultaneous now.
Photo of Jennifer Hall

Jennifer Hall

• 178 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have a black screen too. trying refresh again...  how slow is a bit slow??
(Edited)
Photo of Rayanne Livingstone

Rayanne Livingstone

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
No Australia is not working????????
Photo of Jennifer Hall

Jennifer Hall

• 178 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am in now - wonderful - hope the rest of our Aussie users are OK too. also it is working better the last 3 weeks just on internet explorer as well
(Edited)
Photo of Alison Burke

Alison Burke

• 290 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hello Mirko - I am logged in (AUS user) but my screen is frozen on a invoice customisation page. I have phoned tech support but just get a recorded message - I have clients & suppliers eagerly awaiting invoices & purchase orders. Is this just my account having trouble or is it universal?
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hi Alison, sorry to hear you are having troubles. We are currently dealing with isolated cases, the system as a whole is up and running. If you are still experiencing difficulties please email me at community@Reckon.com
Photo of Tonys Tyres

Tonys Tyres

• 762 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Me too just all of a sudden froze
Photo of Tonys Tyres

Tonys Tyres

• 762 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
it comes and goes as it pleases as it seems able to do 3 invoices then froze again

Cheers,

Kelly Day

Rayanne Livingstone

agree stop posting this I have cleared browsing history in both Firefox and Google Chrome, still no Reckon
Photo of AddItUp

AddItUp

• 596 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Success, I can log in... However, when I launch all I get is the loading wheel spinning, spinning, spinning, and a white screen. Back to the shredding.
(Edited)
Photo of Sheryl Anson

Sheryl Anson

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Unacceptable Scheduled Maintenance - first day of the month.

Is anyone else concerned that Reckon have scheduled maintenance on the first business day of the month and the system is still not available!!!
Photo of Kerri

Kerri

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Thanks I can log in...... TO A BLACK SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DX

Photo of Keri Jackson

Keri Jackson

• 242 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I would have thought the delay NZ users have had we would have been first to get access.  Some of our staff can now access but I just get the black screen.

Rayanne Livingstone

If Australia is supposedly up and running why can I not still login. I have tried to open through Firefox and Google Chrome. I wish we had never gone to the hosted online version, my life is miserable, think it is time to ask for a refund. How are we suppose to work like this?????????
Photo of Jellicoe Design

Jellicoe Design

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Im in but its very slow and keeps getting frozen....
Photo of Jellicoe Design

Jellicoe Design

Seems to be.....
just managed to get some transactions in :)
but their constant rubbish is really getting on my nerves
Photo of dave

dave

• 70 Points
i just get a f$%king black screen!!!!!!!!!!!!
Photo of Jellicoe Design

Jellicoe Design

Try to log out close the browser, restart the pc and then sign in again....
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Thank you all for your reports of the Black screen appearing upon login. I have escalated this matter onto our IT team to look into as a matter of priority.

NZ users - IT are still looking into things. I would love to have a further update and as soon as one is provided, you will hear of it.

^Mirko
Photo of dave

dave

• 70 Points
worst............company............ever.............
Photo of Wim Slooten

Wim Slooten

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Further delays?.

Repairs scheduled to end at 11am. Its now 12 and I still cannot log in. 
Photo of Parround

Parround

• 72 Points
Come on IT team,
its gone 1:30 NZDST and still unable to access, this is pathetic. Someone needs a damn good slapping for this. i would say more but I'm exhausted.
Photo of Karen

Karen

• 1,716 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
managed to get in after hanging for 6 mins, then froze on send forms screen now again i can't get in!
Photo of lance arthy

lance arthy

• 876 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Ditto, Karen. Finally got in but was timed-out due to inactivity, apparently. Now it's lots of white screen followed by even more black screen. Sigh. I wonder if Reckon use their own products for their business?
Photo of Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter

I have been logged on all morning but my system froze and now I can't login.  Is there an update as to what time you will be up and running again please?
Photo of Malcolm Brown

Malcolm Brown

• 230 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
i can log in now but again more pissing round and now it is a black screen. I have refreshed the browser, restarted the PC what more can i do??
Photo of Nick Cook

Nick Cook

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Here I am, just trying to send a simple invoice, so I can be paid for the month. Why oh why conduct an upgrade on this day ?  It is as if you have forgotten you are supporting businesses......
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

UPDATE 11:30AM AEST | 01:30PM NZDST :

AU - Please be aware AU Hosted is up and running. Due to high demand some users are experiencing long periods to login. If you are experiencing black or white screen, please try to log in again in 10 to 15 minutes.

NZ - We understand there are still significant issues and we will keep you updated as information comes to hand from our Tech Team. ^Mirko
Photo of Aimee Fitzjohn

Aimee Fitzjohn

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Been at work all day and done sweet f all, my boss is stoked considering my invoices are due out, how are you going to reimburse me for the stress caused?  I am supposed to leave in 1 hour so I can spend some time with my kids on their holidays....not prepared to put them on a back burner for work, you guys suck big time...........

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.