Hosted Service Message 23/07/2015

• Announcement
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

We are currently aware of some customers experiencing difficulties connecting to the Hosted Service. This is currently being investigated by our technical staff. Further updates to come as they arrive. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

All threads relating to this matter will be merged here.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Cass Krensel

Cass Krensel

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I'm over it. Trying to do Payroll... looks like no one is being paid today
Photo of Tiffany

Tiffany

• 300 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Really on a Thursday again..... WHY is it when it appears that a lot of companies process pays on a Thursday (Or should I say with Reckon Hosted TRY TO PROCESS PAYS!)???  This black screen and various messages is ridiculous.  Come on Reckon lift your game !!!
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

UPDATE 23/07/2015 03:53 PM AEST.

If you are still experiencing the black screen please try the following;

• Logout through the control panel. How to>>
  • Close your browser down completely.
  • Then try to log back in again.
  • If you see black screen - please wait  on black screen. Accounts will launch after about 10 minutes.
Note: Issue does not affect NZ users.
Photo of Margaret Manchee

Margaret Manchee

• 2,222 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi Mirko

Do you realise how much it costs an organisation 10mins of their time? Time is money mate.

Cheers, Margaret 
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

UPDATE 4:20pm AEST.

Pleased be advised, the black screen issue caused by a file server will not be resolved today. We will have IT staff working tirelessly on this issue overnight to rebuild the impacted file server.

In the meantime, should you need to access your file urgently (i.e. to do payroll) please follow the steps below:
  • Logout through the control panel. How to>>
  • Close your browser down completely.
  • Then try to log back in again.
  • If you see black screen - please wait. Accounts will launch after about 10 minutes.
You will be able to log in, but the Hosted performance will not be optimal.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Official Response
Update Friday 24th July 08:35AM AEST - Issue was resolved overnight. Some users may need to reopen their file by browsing for it (full instructions to come). If you are having trouble getting into Hosted, please first try to remote disconnect the session from Control Panel and log back in. Should this fail please give our technical support team a call - support lines open 8:30AM AEST.

**Edited to include latest update.

UPDATE: 9:32AM AEST.

Steps and message from Product team for impacted users here: http://info.reckon.com/24072015
(Edited)
Photo of Belinda Parker

Belinda Parker

• 536 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Full instructions to come - why arent they already published?  

I cannot locate my file to reopen.  

We recently moved to Quickbooks online and it has been the best decision I have made.  However I still need access to the Reckon file......and now it cannot be located....the thing is, I am not surprised considering the abysmal service over the last 12months from Reckon

Do yourself a favour and try Quickbooks online - migration was seamless.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

http://info.reckon.com/24072015 - please see here Belinda.
Photo of Belinda Parker

Belinda Parker

Mirko, I have the instructions, problem is I still cannot locate the file - AND I am not spending wasted time and money on calling the help desk for an issue that Reckon have created.  So the "fix" still needs to be "fixed" please
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Belinda, Hosted support is free of charge - the contact number is 1300 799 150. Prior to calling, please browse through the Q drive as there maybe multiple folders in your Q drive.
Photo of Lee Knight

Lee Knight

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I started at 7.30 to try and catch up from yesterday.
I couldn't locate the file, I could see names of other companies that are not ours, which was a bit scary, so I waited til 8.30 to ring TS.
Was on hold for 20 minutes, hung up and went looking again.
Our file was actually located within another of our Comapnies file? weird
But now, 10.30 I can start work.
It does seem a little slow, but at least I can work.
Photo of Belinda Parker

Belinda Parker

Nope not there - and whilst the call may be free - my time is not free
Photo of Belinda Dart

Belinda Dart

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Has anyone actually managed to get into their file yet?  I have followed the instructions, located the file, entered my password only to be told that I need to update.  I click update now and then the entire process starts again!!  

I'm wasting so much time and money on this!!
Photo of Shakir

Shakir, Alum

• 1,372 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Belinda, thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you please login to the account and before launching R1 or R2, log off any session which is running and then try to launch and try to open a company file.

Steps to Log Off the User Session
  • Click on Control panel from the Dashboard
  • Click on Log Off Remote Session
If it does not work then you may need one to one assistance for the same, request you to call us on 1300 799 150 or help me with your contact number.

Regards
Shakir Akhtar
Photo of Steve Metlitzky

Steve Metlitzky

• 380 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Belinda, I believe what Reckon keep forgetting to tell you is to clear your Browser cache and exit your browser. I just don't believe they are doing real live testing of the problem and understanding it.

What I suggest is
1) go into the Browser that you are using.
2) Make sure you close all open windows or tabs
3) Ensure that you clear all history and cache. I'm on a Mac so if you're on a PC your menu will be different. So for example say in Chrome, I go to Chrome -> Clear Browsing data or in Safari I go to Safari -> Clear History.  Make sure you clear everything.
4) Now Close or Exit that Browser completely
5) Now go back into that browser and go to www.reckononline.com.au
6) Log in with your normal username and password
7) Before trying to find your file or go any further, go to Control Panel. 
8) Choose Log Off Remote Sessions and close any sessions that are open.
9) Now return to www.reckononline.com.au,by clicking on the Red reckon icon in the top left corner. Then Choose R2.
10) When you get your Menu with the list of old files/companies to chose from, don't click on any of those.
11) Choose [Open or Restore and Existing Company] down the bottom
12) Now Navigate (typically there is a link like a file link) to take you to your directory where all your company files are kept
13) Now choose and open your company file
14) Login as you did before

Hope this helps :)

Cheers
Steve
Photo of Belinda Dart

Belinda Dart

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks so much, Steve!  Your instructions did the trick.  

I had chosen Log Off Remote Sessions as suggested but as you discovered thi wasn't working without first clearing the browser history.  

Your help is much appreciated!

Belinda
Photo of Steve Metlitzky

Steve Metlitzky

• 380 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Pleasure :)
Photo of lori

lori

• 478 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I'm still having trouble getting into the our company files,  I managed to find them on Friday and work on them ok but now it saying it can't find them again.  Is this something that is still to be fixed?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.