Hosted Standard Outage

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hi All,

There is currently issues with Standard Hosted logins. An error is appearing stating 'certificate expired'.

Our IT team is aware of this and is working on it now. We look to get everything resolved ASAP.

I will be updating this thread once any news has come my way.

Apologies if any inconvenience has occurred and I thank you for your patience in this matter.

Thanks,
Mirko.

Update: as at 12:30pm, IT are still working on this matter. No timeframe has been provided to me, but a fix is being worked on as a priority. Will advise once resolved or I know more.

3:30pm, apologies for the lack of updates in the last few hours. IT is still working on this issue and hope to have a resolution shortly. Apologies for any inconveniences caused. I hope to have good news shortly.

10.45pm, IT have advised issue has been resolved. Please try to logging in again.

NOTE: If you have any difficulties please try clearing your browser's cache/cookies and try again. If you still have trouble please let me know.

Thank you for your patience during this matter.

UPDATE: Sunday 11:15am -

As the certificate issue is still affecting some customers, since contacting IT, I've now been advised by our IT Team that they are still looking into this matter again

5:30pm AEST: IT have advised that problem preventing logins has been identified, isolated and resolved. If you are unable to login.

I again thank you for all your feedback throughout the weekend and apologise for any inconveniences and frustrations you may have experienced.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of peter.mcpherson

peter.mcpherson

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Hi Mirko

I can now login again, but the pseky "double login" effect has now returned again?

Are there any suggestions other than "clear cache, reset browser, restart computer or try a different browser" as this has all been done umpteen times over the wekend.

Cheers

Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Thanks for the update, I'll pass that on to our tech team. I've normally been advised clearing the cache resolves that, as you have said it hasn't, I'll check what the next steps are. Thanks, Mirko
Photo of Adam

Adam

• 302 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Mirko, It is great news the system is working again.
  It is easy to forget the system faults of the weekend and get on with business. However Reckon must acknowledge there are serious flaws with the system following system maintenance and the direct and negative effect on the Hosted customer. Firstly Reckon must recognise there is a major issue and form an effective plan to stop/reduce future system failures. Please outline your plans for this to be avoided in the future so we may have some faith in the Reckon system. Kindly use this forum to advise all customers of your plans to overcome future system failures.
Regards Adam
(Edited)
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Adam, thanks for your feedback. With the New Hosted due soon, we will see improved stability and reliability. As the new system removes third party apps (Like Citrix and the remote app), and runs directly in the web browser it will reduce the amount of issues like the one experienced over the weekend. This video has an explanation from our CIO and the MD of the Business Division (which looks after Reckon Accounts range of products) the new version a little more:

(Edited)
Photo of Joanne Musgrave

Joanne Musgrave

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is good news. I have used Xero too, and the reporting features are really poor. Data entry is painful. It is great, however, at doing repeating invoices that Reckon currently doesn't do.

I look forward to this product becoming more stable.
Photo of Adam

Adam

• 302 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Mirko, this Vimeo was posted 3 weeks ago, so it is satisfying to know current issues are being addressed and responded to with the urgency. Good enough for me, "sorry MYOB you will have to wait to gain me as a customer".
Mirko, Reckon, I speak for all users when I say "we are relying on you to keep our business' moving!"
Photo of Van Es

Van Es

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
can any on get on hosted yet.

I have been trying to log on for a few hrs am I the only one that con not get loged in ?
Photo of shaun porter

shaun porter

cannot log in due to a 'certificate' issue.

why is it,that everytime after you guys do an upgrade i have trouble logging back in? Then i have to ringmy accountant for then to fix it!! Not happy!!!
Photo of Chris Wild

Chris Wild

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is total ... would a class action help?.
Photo of Charles Penery

Charles Penery

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Just try to log on still getting message "Certificate expired".

Just try to log on still getting message "Certificate expired"
Photo of Van Es

Van Es

post.
Photo of PedroF

PedroF

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Mirko 

The move to a totally web based solution is good from a technical perspective, but the timeframe is "soon". What does that mean to us that put up with an absolute debacle over the weekend? 

I also emailed onlinesupport@reckon.com.au about the issues we were experiencing on Saturday and I did not receive even an acknowledgement of the email never alone a reply.

Saying that that the web based solution is going to help when you cannot respond to an email from Saturday shows to me that  lack of support on the front line means little despite the intent to implement the better technology at the back end.

Peter
Photo of Vincent Bastos

Vincent Bastos

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am doing some research on Reckon One as I thought I would consider it as my hosted account software, but after reading this outage I don't think I will consider Reckon One.

I am a software developer providing hosted solutions, and this issue seems to be a simple case of forgetting to renew a certificate. If something so simple is missed by the team, what else is being missed?

The software itself seems to be a good solution, but it seems that the team managing the infrastructure is under resourced or incompetent.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Vincent, thanks for reaching out to us. The issue seemed to be far more complicated than just the certificate itself, as the expiry date was not for a while (couple years I seem to recall). I welcome you to sign up for a  Reckon One free trial. Give it a go and let us know how you find it. Also with Hosted we are moving to a HTML5 based service for Australia (already active in NZ) on 10th August which will many issues we have had in recent months, which stemmed from the client apps used to connect to the service. Thanks, Mirko.
Photo of Vincent Bastos

Vincent Bastos

Hi Mirko,

Thank you for clarifying this.

Good to hear that Hosted is moving to HTML5!

Cheers,
Vincent B.
Photo of Kevin V. Russell

Kevin V. Russell, Accredited Partner

• 5,580 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Vin mate Reckon one and Reckon hosted are two different products. You need to do more research. And Reckon hosted is switching to a different infrastructure effective next weekend. I can only encourage you to take another look lest you miss out on a great innovation Kevin t:0407744914
Photo of Vincent Bastos

Vincent Bastos

I know they are different products, but they are provided by the same company. I am not the only person that will have the same reaction.
Photo of Kay Smart, Accredited Consultant

Kay Smart, Accredited Consultant, Accredited Partner

• 1,932 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I agree you need to do some more research.  In New Zealand we have been on the new platform for several weeks with no outages.  I don't think you should judge Reckon by one incident.  

If you are concerned you need to talk to Reckon directly,

Both Hosted and ReckonOne are great products.
Photo of Vincent Bastos

Vincent Bastos

I agree, that I need to do more research. My comment is specific to this incident.

As far as I understand, this community forum is the way Reckon wishes customers and potential customers communicate.

This is an open forum and they can address my concern.

As I said, ReckonOne, looks like a very good product. I just want to make sure that the service behind it is on par with the software solution.
Photo of Kevin V. Russell

Kevin V. Russell, Accredited Partner

• 5,580 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I would wait until someone else has that reaction before making that statement. And I note that notwithstanding you know they are two different products that distinction was missing from your original post. It's a pretty important distinction in my humble and considered view. I don't have a barrow to push but since I moved to hosted premium i.e. citrix service, I could not be happier.
Photo of Hayley

Hayley

• 278 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Is there a problem with accounts hosted today?.

Hosted Problem - 1 Sept
Photo of Hayley

Hayley

• 278 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Is there a problem with accounts hosted today?.

Hosted Problem - 1 Sept

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.