Hosting issues - First user should not log out

Options
Gabrielle_10158679
Gabrielle_10158679 Member Posts: 3
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Currently, we have 5 licensed Reckon users in Reckon Accounts Premier Edition 2019. The problem is, when the first user who logged in has logged out, all other users will lose connection to Reckon (Connection has been lost error)

If I go File-Utilities-Stop Hosting Multi User Access , it will make me in single user and others wont be able to log-in (so this option will not fix the issue)

Is there a way that anyone can log in and out of Reckon without affecting the connection of other users?

Comments

• Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Connection has been lost, really has nothing to do with users logging in an out of Reckon. Logging out of windows on the host(serving the file) computer may cause this.

Connection has been lost error: is basically at network issue. Maybe the NIC on the host is going into sleep mode. Someone turning off the Host. Rats chewing the network cable. Dodgy cabling..

Could also have something to do with single user mode... 5 users tonnes of variables.. 

I service many on this setup, never happens.
  • Gabrielle_10158679
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Thanks Tim for the reply. 

This issue has been recurring for almost a year now. Say, User1 logged in, then Users 2-5 logged in. When User1 logs out of Reckon, Users 2-5 will simultaneously get disconnected.

Then say User 2 will log in, User2 now becomes the first user. If User2 logs out, Users 3-5 will all get disconnected. This happens every single time.So I assume not rats nor dodgy cabling.

So it seems  the first user always becomes the host. I dont understand much about network, our remote IT support has tried fixing the issue but apparently not successful. 

All five of us have "Host multi User Access" enabled

You think this has something to do with how our Reckon was set up? The way I understand it, our data files are saved in the server, Im not sure if that matters.

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,063 Reckon Staff
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hi Gabrielle,

Try this:

Have ALL users untick that "Host Multi User Access".
    Then just have one of the users have it enabled.

Also have a look at the recommendations in this support article.

Guides on installing Reckon Accounts Business in the Multi user environment

http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5725

Regards,
    Data Recovery Team
  • Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    That would be why.......
  • Gabrielle_10158679
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Oh thanks, I will have our IT check whether they have set up as per the guide. Will come back here to let you know how it goes.. Thanks for the help!