How best to record - a reverse takeover and/or a name change

Options
st_6872571
st_6872571 Member Posts: 79
I'm using Reckon Personal Accounts 2015.   

What is the preferred method of recording a Reverse Takeover?   I have shares in one company; they went through a capital raising, which I participated in, and as of tomorrow, their name changes to another ASX ticker code.

I've browsed my existing investment transactions and have noticed where I changed the name of some other companies (using Reckon's Name Change option from within the Share Investment data entry screen) that there is no reference to the old name.   That is, the original purchase of shares 10 years ago is recorded against the new name.

Any advice appreciated.

Steven.

Comments

• st_6872571
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Anyone from Reckon care to comment? 
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Steven,

Although I'm not an expert in this area from my observations there is only one field for the security name so when you rename it all references to it in the file will be renamed.

A possible workaround, and I recognise this is not a perfect solution, is if you wish to retain the past transactions in the old name, you will need to sell the shares today and use the proceeds to purchase the new shares.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• st_6872571
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Thanks Rav.