How can I change the email address of a user, without deleting them and starting again?

PaulaSpark
PaulaSpark Member Posts: 3
edited July 2018 in Reckon One
How can I update the email address of a Reckon one user.  When I try an edit the profile or change the user the email address is locked.  Is there any way to do this without deleting them and setting up a new user?

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2018
    Hello Paula,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

If a user started with Reckon after the 25th of May 2017 then your email address is your ID. You cannot change that email address.  If your user has a new email address then have them create a new Reckon Account and then share the book to them.  

regards,
    John
  • Helen Hogan
    Helen Hogan Member Posts: 23
    edited July 2017
    HI, You can contact reckon, they maybe able to change it for you. I started a trial version on an old email and then 12 months later started a paid book with them and they were able to change it from the old email to the new one.You can only ask......
  • Andrew North
    Andrew North Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2018
    This is not good. I have been suggesting organisations on our group of 250+ organisations use, Reckon One. They can regularly change Treasurer, but if they Treasurer has used their own email address, they can't change this (ID) to the new Treasurer
  • JackC
    JackC Alumni Posts: 4
    edited July 2018
    Hi Andrew,

When using the Reckon Portal to access Reckon One, there are a few different options in order to sign up.
    We offer the traditional Email Sign Up but also Google/ Microsoft Single Sign On.

If you've filled out the form to sign up with an email then the email address is changeable via the 'My Profile' (top right hand corner, person icon).

If you've signed up with either Google or Microsoft SSO then unfortunately this email is non changeable as it is managed by either of these services. Changing the email would then subsequently break the Single Sign On process.

I hope that clears up the ability to change email question.

This functionality was introduced around October 2017 due to the customer feedback received concerning this functionality.

If you have any further feedback, I would be more than happy to also discuss this with you.

Kind Regards

Jack Chivers