How can I send a bulk email to all suppliers?

Options
nance.s
nance.s Member Posts: 60

Comments

• Patricia Hornick_7377564
    Patricia Hornick_7377564 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If this is possible I would like to know. However, with the Reckon email system I am doubtful that it could do this.   And before Reckon embarks on this task, we need to have an assurance that our
    normal emails are sent 100% - because currently we find that a significant % do not receive the emails that we send via Reckon email - these are  the critical docs like Invoices, requests for payment etc....??

• Gail Friday Office Solutions
    Gail Friday Office Solutions Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Go to Company Tab Select Prepare Letters and envelopes Select Supplier letters And then have choice of who to send letters to Cluck next then can choose standard template or create or edit your own letter....... Note however you must have the suppliers name, address and email addresses completed correctly for them to be able to be posted it emailed out. I would suggest choose one supplier to start with and ensure are happy you have the supplier detail filled out correctly so fits in envelope okay if doing a large mail shot
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Just realised you are using the hosted version so will need to select the COPY option when you first use the letters. If you want to use your own letter you will need to do the above process first then upload your own letter and then go to upload folder and copy and paste to the reckon letters file. It is a little tricky to do so may need to contact a local trainer to give you a little guidance as a little tricky to explain in writing
  • nance.s
    edited October 2015
    Options
    That sounds fine if I wanted to sent them out by mail but doesn't answer my question how to send them via email direct from Reckon.
    edited February 2016
    Options

Um you are right, sorry, can only email standard forms from Reckon. Would have to see if there is a CRM program that you could use or other option is to export supplier list to excel and select the all the email addresses to bulk email from your email program.

May need help again from an admin person to assist with this, I have done this before but am not in your neck of the woods at the moment to help with this

• nance.s
    edited October 2015
    Options
    No problem.  I have already exported the supplier list to excel, I was just hoping there was a simpler way direct from Reckon.
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi,

This is what I would have suggested.

Export your supplier contact list to Excel which includes email addresses and do it that way.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Thanks for your posts guys.

Kev - Customer Manager is no longer produced.
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Cheers for the "Like" Mirko BUT lol I did not answer is question misread important part EMAIL. If Reckon can send bulk email statements it should be able to send bulk letters too via email as sending letters is so old school now.
     Think should be added to the WIsh List especially as Customer Manager is no longer.
    Does the Wish List still exist for us to ask for feature changes?

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Most certainly does, it can be done one of two ways 1. Post on the Community under 'Ideas', or withing the products Help > Suggest a new feature. Both option will get the request of to our developers. I'll change this to an 'Idea' so it gets sent off now!
  • nance.s
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Great to see a pro-active response.  I'm sure this would be helpful for a lot of people and not just me.
  • Juanita Michelic_9933993
    Juanita Michelic_9933993 Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I agree, I need to send an email to our 550 customers, sending via snail mail is way to time consuming!