how do i a reverse a payment to an invoice

Susan ODonnell
Susan ODonnell Member Posts: 13
edited May 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I have paid an invoice to a customer only to realise I have entered the Invoice twice into our system & then paid both invoices.  So I need to reverse on of the payments so I can then allocate to another Invoice as a part payment & then delete the duplicate invoice.

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    Many ways to do things in Reckon, I would delete the duplicated bill, then go to the original pay bills window, this will now not have a payment down the bottom, and mark off another one, making sure you type the amount in next to the bill so it doesn’t change the actual paid amount
  • Susan ODonnell
    Susan ODonnell Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2019
    when you say "original pay bills window" do you mean go up to the top to supplies & then pay bills?
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited July 2019
    No, find the one you paid, now that you have deleted the bill it won’t have a bill ticked in the bottom half, you can search by amount or name and look for bill payments for that amount
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Susan

Critters222 is telling you to go to the suppliers list, find the 2 duplicate bills under the supplier, open and delete one of them, this will leave the payment applied to that bill in the system as an open credit, (the payment will have an open balance), double click on this payment with open balance then at the bottom tick another invoice that isn't paid and in the last column manually change the amount applied to the invoice so the whole cheque matches the actual payment made.

Or go to pay bills, click on an unpaid invoice for the supplier then down the bottom you will see 'set credits' and apply this credit to a bill or bills.

If there is no other bill to pay, leave in system as a credit for next time or you can ask for a refund.