How do I accrue leave as a percentage

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Our staff all work different hours each week, so to accrue leave as # of hours per week isn't ideal because the rate of accrual changes depending on whether they worked 20 hours or 38. Is there someway of accruing leave as a percentage. That is the % of leave accrued per week is 7.69% whether you work 10 hours or 38.
Photo of Katrina Crute

Katrina Crute

• 280 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 52,272 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If you work on the basis of 10 days full time equivalent for personal leave the percentage is 3.8461%. Annual leave is 7.6923% for 20 days full time equivalent. Pretty sure Reckon won't let you do this. You need to work it out manually. 
Photo of Katrina Crute

Katrina Crute

That seems a little over the top Russell, to have to do this every pay run.... I know MYOB allow the percentage accrual....its the only good thing about MYOB
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kat if the normal hours are standard you can put the accrual hours on the employee card once. Of course if their hours change every week then you have a problem
Photo of Adrian

Adrian

• 3,660 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Isn't that what changing the accrual period to every hour is for. you set the rate to accrue then it calculates based on the hours that are worked.
Photo of Katrina Crute

Katrina Crute

Adrian what a life saver, I knew I wasn't looking at it properly and it was annoying me. Thank you so much.
Photo of Katrina Crute

Katrina Crute

Adrian, my Reckon Accounts says Hours Accrued per pay...
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kat you can change that in the drop down box to per hour
Photo of Kathy Mackinlay

Kathy Mackinlay

• 3,150 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Change the accrual period to per hour. :)
Photo of Kathy Mackinlay

Kathy Mackinlay

• 3,150 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
When you set up your overtime item untick the 'include every hours work in leave accruals' that way it wont calculate on overtime.
Photo of Katrina Crute

Katrina Crute

Thank you Everyone... feel a little dumb for not seeing I could change those things but THANKS
Photo of Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant

Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant, Accredited Partner

• 13,102 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Hi Katrina,

I have a document on how to accrue leave if you would like to email me directly I can email it to you.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)

Photo of gaila stafford

gaila stafford

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Hi Sally, I hope this offer is still available. I have been trying to set accruals and following many different opinions. Now completely confused I think I have made it worse as leave is not accruing at all and it seems now I've changed to accrue every hour by changing preferences to 1:12, it looks like YTD figures are incorrect with net pays changing in past pays! I noticed there is a box asking whether Reckon accounts should accrue leave. Should this be ticked? My email address is gailastafford1952@gmail.com.

Thank you.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.