how do i add bank account details to my company's deposit slip

Alison_7809689
Alison_7809689 Member Posts: 9
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I have setup my file but my deposit slip does not show my company bank account details on it.  How do I get the details to show.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi Alison,

Thanks for your question,

Could you let us know which product & version you're using?

Cheers,

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Alison_7809689
    edited October 2015
    My apologies. I am using Reckon Hosted
  • Alex Tan
    Alex Tan Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2016
    Hi Alison,

You can try using the second Memo field on the "Make Deposits" window in order to add the company name into the deposit slip.

If you have multiple deposit slips to go through simply copy and paste the Memo onto the lines below in order to keep it going.

Kind regards,
    Alex
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Alison

The deposit slip uses the information on the account set up in the chart of accounts. If you only listed the bank account name  i.e Acme trading then that is what will print on the deposit slip.

If you add the bank account number to the end of that it will show up on the deposit slip i.e Acme trading xxx-xxx  xxxxxxxx
  • Alex Tan
    Alex Tan Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2016
    I'd like to add that if anyone is interested in using this method please remember that renaming your chart of accounts will also rename the account for future reports. This means that you will need to change it back after finishing up with your deposits otherwise sensitive information would appear in your PNL/balance sheet etc.

-Alex
  • Alison_7809689
    edited October 2015

So you constantly have to add and delete the details?

That seems a bit of a time waster.

• Alison_7809689
    edited October 2015

I only want to add the bank account details for my company who is making the deposit.

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    No only if you don't want the bank no to appear on any internal report you do.

I personally can't think of a report that would possible ever send to anyone where your bank account no. would have to be removed. Usually general ledger reports go to  your accountant anyway who probably already has your bank details.  Your bank details goes out on every invoice anyway, so it isn't private.

Do no, just change the chart of accounts to include bank acct no and leave it. It just means when the bank account appears in a drop down menu it will show the bank account as well or on a report like balance sheet  etc.
  • Pam_9173848
    Pam_9173848 Member Posts: 34
    edited November 2017
    I have just come into this thread as I needed to print deposit slip.  The business I am trying to make a deposit slip for has too many characters in the name so the account details dont fit.  This is NOT professional - I dont care how many years its been like this, its a basic feature of all of the softwares, and should be for Reckon as well. Very disappointed.