How do I add columns in a worksheet?

Options
Gemma
Gemma Member Posts: 60
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I am trying to export a P&L by Job Report in Reckon Accounts Hosted that shows columns for the month and year to date for each job.  When I try to export to excel (export to an existing Excel workbook) it comes up with message "Excel allows 256 columns in a worksheet. This report has 411 columns.  Use "Customize" to change the number of columns in this report."  Where is customize? How do I do this? Cannot work it out. Thanks in advance for help. 

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Have you turned off the setting that puts a blank column in between each column?  When you click to Export to Excel - click on the advanced tab and remove the tick for space between columns?  this should halve the number required?
  • Gemma
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Thanks Linda. I have tried that but the report is still too big.  

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited May 2020
    Options
    ok - then you will have to work out how to make the report smaller - I cant see how the information can be useful with that many columns anyway?  can you filter for selected customers or customer types (so that you can do it in groups)... and then send to Excel...  or just pick the biggest jobs you want to look at?
  • Gemma
    edited May 2020
    Options
    The issue I'm having is that when you run a job report that shows month and YTD it runs every job that's occurred during the year rather than just the jobs that have had transactions during that particular month.  This is why the report is so large.  I just want the report to run on the basis of if there were transactions for a job in April 2020 for example, show me the year to date as well.  I don't want to have to manually filter the jobs.