How do I attach photos of invoices and receipts in Reckon One, Reckon Accounts?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Intuit Quickbooks and Xero allow a photo of an invoice or receipt to be attached to a transaction. This can help to reduce the amount of data entry required. Is that possible in Reckon One or Reckon Accounts?
Photo of Tester

Tester

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Janelle Knight

Janelle Knight

• 886 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I have commented purély so I can view the replies, this would be a great feature in reckon accounts.
Hope someone can assist.
Janelle
Photo of Kris Scott

Kris Scott

• 560 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
yes also replying in hope that it can be done.
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

• 22,222 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Kris/Janelle, there is a 'Follow' button up the top right of the thread, if you want to follow replies to a topic. No need to comment. But commenting does show support I guess :)
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi everyone,

Can definitely see this would be a valuable feature to have, unfortunately it's not available on Reckon Accounts at this stage.

I believe the attachment functionality is however available in our Personal Plus product.

This feature will be available in Reckon One in an upcoming update however the timeframe is unclear at this stage. I'll will however keep the thread updated once more information comes to hand.

Cheers
Rav
(Edited)
Photo of A Balancing Act

A Balancing Act, Accredited Partner

• 1,924 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav, any progress on this one yet?  I have a sale hinging on this feature.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi again A Balancing Act,

I just wanted to give you a further update in relation to this.

Our recent acquisition of SmartVault will provide the capability to integrate this functionality with Reckon One and Reckon Accounts.

Release details regarding SmartVault with Reckon Accounts will be made available shortly, and further information relating to Reckon One integration in the near future.

Thanks,
Rav
Photo of Nellie Brown

Nellie Brown

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav,
Is there any update on this yet?
Photo of mvdb

mvdb

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This is what is stopping me from purchasing Reckon One - want to go paperless and this lack of feature which all the others offer is not available. Please this needs to be part of Reckon One not an expensive add on.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Nellie & mvdb,

SmartVault integration is now available with Reckon Accounts Desktop on our Premier & Enterprise versions
More info here - https://www.reckon.com/au/business/smartvault/

Integration with Reckon One is most certainly on the roadmap however at this stage unfortunately I still don't have an ETA that I can report. I'll keep this thread updated when there is more info in this area.

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Janelle Knight

Janelle Knight

• 886 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav,

SmartVault says it's designed to work with Quickbooks already, does this apply to Reckon Accounts yet?
https://support.smartvault.com/09SmartVault_Toolbars/SmartVault_Toolbar_for_QuickBooks_Desktop/Attac...
and also this link https://support.smartvault.com/09SmartVault_Toolbars/SmartVault_Toolbar_for_QuickBooks_Desktop/Suppo...
This would be awesome, if it works with Reckon Accounts Business Range.
Regards
Janelle
Photo of Richard

Richard, Alum

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Janelle,

SmartVault is a great Document storage system that will work with our Reckon Accounts range and our competitors. It also has a app that you can download both from the Google Play store and Apple Itunes store to access documents on the road.

We wanted to make this system as versatile for you and your clients. There are many feature coming soon along with digital signature.

Please email me richard.treminio@reckon.com I will be happy to contact you and cover it in more details with you.

Regards,
Richard
Photo of Nathan Elcoate

Nathan Elcoate, Accredited Partner

• 7,290 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Does the data get automatically entered like Receipt Bank or is it purely a doc storage solution?
Photo of Margaret Carey

Margaret Carey, Accredited Partner

• 510 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
it is a doc storage solution as far as I am aware - same as dropping pdf into Xero - just need additional software to navigate to use it
Photo of Michelle Youl

Michelle Youl

• 224 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Any more news on this? I am transitioning from using WaveApps, and one of the pros for sticking with Wave is that I can attach a photo or scan of my receipts to the relevant transactions. When it comes to then locating a receipt for warranty, etc, this feature is great as I then only need to find the relevant transaction, rather than going through all my files, or have to worry about a printed receipt fading over time! 
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

• 22,222 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Going from a free accounting package to a paid one.... interesting move Michelle, what is your main reason for changing?
Photo of A Balancing Act

A Balancing Act, Accredited Partner

• 1,924 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I'm also keen to hear when this feature will become available.  Reckon Hosted is a fabulous product, and I haven't yet found a better one for my construction client... however there is a lot of wasted time around data entry... which I have to say feels somewhat old fashioned in comparison to Intuit QBO and others on the market.
Photo of Steve Tonniges

Steve Tonniges

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Any update on this feature. This is the main reason I would transition from Reckon desktop,  looking at QBO unfortunately just for this.
Photo of Nellie Brown

Nellie Brown

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Is there any update on this yet? Thanks
Photo of Melinda Jane Koth

Melinda Jane Koth

• 1,096 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Reckon Hosted has gone off my radar as a recommended product. Bank Data Feed's don't work properly, and no ocr scanning capabilities or quality add on's is hampering its progress
Photo of Leanne

Leanne

• 1,216 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Has there been any update on this and whether it is available. Would be very interested to hear
Photo of wendy

wendy

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Come on Reckon. Surely if there are other Reckon products with this functionality, it can't be that hard to integrate the code into the next Reckon One upgrade. Fingers crossed this can be done for the new financial year.
(Edited)
Photo of Ella Grace

Ella Grace

• 60 Points
I'm trialling both Quickbooks Intuit and Reckon One and Quickbooks Intuit trumps with the Photo upload function.  Saves a lot of filing time especially for someone on the go all the time.  Might have to go with Quickbooks if there's no sign of this happening with Reckon One any time soon.
For  Reckon Hosted ,we  have photo features provided if you were to consider our Cosmic App thats another alternative , do realise there is cost difference with the 2 products.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.