How do I categorise an Invoice according to job type?

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Answered
I have set up job types via lists > customer and supplier lists but I can't figure out how to 'attach' or 'add' a job type to an Invoice. My end goal is to filter each invoice according to job type in the Reports Centre.
Photo of Lachlan

Lachlan

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 40,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
When you create the invoice you use the customer AND the job. Same as when you enter expenses. The JOB should appear under the customer. I hope you havent put it on the same level. It wont work.
(Edited)
Photo of Lachlan

Lachlan

For Invoices, I can see the 'customer:job' field in the top left hand corner but there is no separate 'job type' field. Is there a way to display the job type field separately?
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 40,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
The job comes after the customer name thus

Customer:Job

This is all documented in the help files

Its also documented in the test file Reckon Enterprises

What do you mean "job type"?

Kr
(Edited)
Photo of Lachlan

Lachlan

The above is the definition of a job type...

Maybe I'm not asking the right question. I'm looking to 'tag' an Invoice with the type of work that we do such as bathrooms, kitchens, laundry. Then, I want to run a report that shows all the invoices related to the bathroom tag or all the invoices related to the kitchen tag. I can then compare to see whether bathrooms or kitchens are more profitable for our business for example. What is the best way to do this?

Hi Lachlan

The Job Type relates to each job as a whole rather than individual invoices.
Providing you have assigned Job Types in each Job record, you should be able to generate/modify a variety of reports based on this.

You can add this filter in to the Sales by Customer Summary & P & L by Job reports.  Alternatively, you can build/create your own via the "Find" feature.

Hope that helps.