how do i change invoice number?

Options
Bakaka Bakaka
Bakaka Bakaka Member Posts: 7
i have just started using Reckon Premiere 2016.?

I would like to know if its possible to customise or amend the invoice number from invoice 1 to our defined invoice number (example: invoice 00064)?

thanks.
b

Comments

• Sue Atkinson
    Sue Atkinson Member Posts: 26
    edited October 2016
    Options
    In order to customise your invoice numbers you simply start with the number you want to have as your first invoice number in the format of your choice.  The invoice numbers there after will be incremented in the same fashion.  For example, if you used 00064 as your first invoice number (you can enter it over the top of 1) then the next invoice will be numbered 00065 etc.  If you want to put INV00064 then the next number will be INV00065 and so on.  I hope this helps.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Bakaka,

You can change the invoice number by changing the Invoice No. field in the top right of the Invoice screen.

Please ensure the invoice numbers you are changing to are unique and unlikely to double up in the future.

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Bakaka Bakaka
    Bakaka Bakaka Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Thanks guys. I will try it out.
  • Mandy Fiveash
    Mandy Fiveash Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I do not have an Invoice No. field in the top right of the Invoice screen??? There is no option at all to change it. The Invoice No. Field is on the left hand side and does not offer the chance to change it.  We are using the trial at present - is this why?

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Mandy,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Looks like you are using Reckon One and not Reckon Accounts Business that this thread concerns.

In Reckon One, once you issue an invoice you cannot change the number sequence.

Before you issue your first invoice in this Book you can set the starting number in Admin (cogwheel) > Settings > Day to Day > Money In > Invoices, 

regards,
    John.

• Raluca Pratt
    Raluca Pratt Member Posts: 18
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi there,
    Did that change in the meantime? I would like to start from INV001 considering it is a new financial year.
    Thanks,
    Raluca
  • Manisha
    Manisha Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2019
    Options
    how can i change the Bill number in Money out in Reckon One?