How do I change the Hosted Screen Resolution - it's noticeably fuzzy on Mac with Retina display

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Since upgrading to a Mac with Retina display, I have noticed that the clarity of Accounts Hosted is very poor. I'm running it through Chrome, and while I'm pleased I no longer get the pixellation issues that I did on my old Mac, the "fuzziness" of the screen when using hosted is irritating (both to my eyes, and mentally!).

I'd like to think that Reckon can supply the hosted environment at a better resolution, either all round, or where needed, but am not sure this will happen. I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for changes on my machine that could improve this issue.
Photo of Cathi P

Cathi P

• 452 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • Hopeful

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,530 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Cathi,

Thanks for asking.

The Mac with Retina display runs on a screen resolution much greater than Reckon Accounts is configured for.  You'll have to drop your screen resolution to a level no higher than 1920 x 1080 to get a clear reproduction.  

regards,
John.  
Photo of Vivien Atcheson

Vivien Atcheson

• 2,710 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
John,

My new mac doesn't seem to give me that option ... the blurr is driving me crazy !!

Are your guys looking into fixing this ?

Thanks.
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

• 22,222 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
That sounded like a no from Reckon..... :(
Photo of Cathi P

Cathi P

• 452 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Does anyone know if it is technically possible for Reckon to increase the resolution supplied to us?
Photo of Vivien Atcheson

Vivien Atcheson

Well, Reckon is supposed to support Mac - so they really need to get their people into gear !
I upgraded my machine so that my accounting package would run better (or so I hoped) only to find that I have a blurry mess now -  so really I should've saved my money. I'm on the headache pills big time now !!
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

Technically possible, but reckon doesn't move fast at requests like this.

Sad to say, if you have big show stopping issues like blurry accounting package, unless Reckon can give you a quick fix, you'll be waiting for months or years.

Sadly a change might be in order for a QUICK fix to blurry.

Reckon - Any quick fixes?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,662 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Vivien,

I haven't received word of any changes in the pipeline relating to Retina display resolution at this stage.

I have however found this support article from Apple in relation to adjusting screen resolution on Mac's with Retina Display -
https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT202471

Does your particular model contain the screen resolution settings within the System Preferences menu outlined in the article?
Photo of Vivien Atcheson

Vivien Atcheson

Hi Rav,

I found that article this morning - all it seems to do is make the font bigger or smaller (which is only slightly helpful... I don't need the font to be bigger, I just need it to be sharper....).

Thanks for trying.  This could be the final nail in the coffin for me :(
Photo of chris long

chris long

• 60 Points
Mine does the same since upgrading my mac. I've been looking into changing to quickbooks for mac, as i can barely look at it for a minute let alone 5 hours straight. Have you had any progress with this?
Photo of Vivien Atcheson

Vivien Atcheson

Is there any movement on this issue? Accounts is supposed to support Mac ... I am experiencing headaches now :(.  This is basic functionality for me and I am looking elsewhere ... 4 months since this issue was raised here ... found another question in this community that asked about it 7 months ago !!!!!!
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

You know the answer already!
Photo of Vivien Atcheson

Vivien Atcheson

hahahaha just thought I would "bump" it ....

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.