How do I change the Hosted Screen Resolution - it's noticeably fuzzy on Mac with Retina display

Cathi P
Cathi P Member Posts: 19
edited October 2018 in Accounts Hosted
Since upgrading to a Mac with Retina display, I have noticed that the clarity of Accounts Hosted is very poor. I'm running it through Chrome, and while I'm pleased I no longer get the pixellation issues that I did on my old Mac, the "fuzziness" of the screen when using hosted is irritating (both to my eyes, and mentally!).

I'd like to think that Reckon can supply the hosted environment at a better resolution, either all round, or where needed, but am not sure this will happen. I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for changes on my machine that could improve this issue.

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited October 2018
    Hi Cathi,

Thanks for asking.

The Mac with Retina display runs on a screen resolution much greater than Reckon Accounts is configured for.  You'll have to drop your screen resolution to a level no higher than 1920 x 1080 to get a clear reproduction.  

regards,
    John.  
  • Viv A
    Viv A Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    John,

My new mac doesn't seem to give me that option ... the blurr is driving me crazy !!

Are your guys looking into fixing this ?

Thanks.
  • Cathi P
    Cathi P Member Posts: 19
    edited April 2016
    Does anyone know if it is technically possible for Reckon to increase the resolution supplied to us?
  • Viv A
    edited November 2016
    Well, Reckon is supposed to support Mac - so they really need to get their people into gear !
    I upgraded my machine so that my accounting package would run better (or so I hoped) only to find that I have a blurry mess now -  so really I should've saved my money. I'm on the headache pills big time now !!
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi Vivien,

I haven't received word of any changes in the pipeline relating to Retina display resolution at this stage.

I have however found this support article from Apple in relation to adjusting screen resolution on Mac's with Retina Display -
    https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT202471

Does your particular model contain the screen resolution settings within the System Preferences menu outlined in the article?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Viv A
    edited November 2016
    Hi Rav,

I found that article this morning - all it seems to do is make the font bigger or smaller (which is only slightly helpful... I don't need the font to be bigger, I just need it to be sharper....).

Thanks for trying.  This could be the final nail in the coffin for me :(
  • chris long
    chris long Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2016
    Mine does the same since upgrading my mac. I've been looking into changing to quickbooks for mac, as i can barely look at it for a minute let alone 5 hours straight. Have you had any progress with this?
  • Viv A
    edited November 2016
    Is there any movement on this issue? Accounts is supposed to support Mac ... I am experiencing headaches now :(.  This is basic functionality for me and I am looking elsewhere ... 4 months since this issue was raised here ... found another question in this community that asked about it 7 months ago !!!!!!
  • Viv A
    edited November 2016
    hahahaha just thought I would "bump" it ....
  • Joey85
    Joey85 Member Posts: 9

Has there been any updates on this? I am running windows and can not repair how blurry it is. I am in the same boat, need to make it sharper not change the font size. Hopefully some one out there has a solution.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Have you tried a different browser?

• Joey85

I use Chrome, have tried IE with no change.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

I use Firefox, but not confident it will help

• Joey85

Thanks Kris, I tried this as well now, I could not see any difference. I also got my wife to look at the three separate internet browser's in case it was better and I just couldn't tell, but she also confirmed all three browser's with Hosted running all blurry. Hopefully Reckon will do an update to rectify this.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Joey85

I'd recommend checking out the info in this help guide. The guide is specific to Chrome however and not other browsers such Firefox etc -

Let us know how you get on after trying the steps outlined in there.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Joey85

Thanks Rav, my box was already unselected, tried Hosted with the box being selected and didn't make a difference unfortunately. Not sure where to go from here.