how do i check to make sure the invoices I have emailed have been sent correctly

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
Photo of Ron Harris

Ron Harris

• 70 Points

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 53,108 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Short answer, you can't. I have taken to sending them to myself first and then sending them from Outlook where I can request a read receipt. If anyone has a better idea, I'd love to hear it.
Photo of Graham Boast

Graham Boast, Accredited Partner

• 11,704 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Ron

Under Edit > Preferences > Send Forms > Company Preferences you can enter your own email address under Bcc (Blind Carbon Copy).  Getting your copy back tells you that you have sent your email into the ether, and that your copy has found its way back to you. By extrapolation, their copy may also have reached them.

If you really want a Read Receipt, then Kevin's Method will work for the people who have the Read Receipt function turned on.  So if you don't get a Read Receipt back, is that because it wasn't delivered or because no read receipt was returned even it was delivered?

My preferred read receipt method is complicated; you send someone an invoice and they let you know they have received it by putting money into your bank account.

Graham Boast
Reckon Accredited Consultant
graham@reckonhelp.com.au
www.reckonhelp.com.au/remotesupport.htm
Photo of Kevin Russell

• 52,572 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Graeme mate, do you ring every client who doesn't pay you to see if they have gotten your invoice?
Photo of Kevin Russell

Mirko thanks for deleting my post;)
Photo of Gary Price

Gary Price

• 2,252 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
It is a pointless, time wasting option to use the email option with Reckon.  It is all well and good receiving your own bcc copy but that is no guarantee its gets to the intended recipient...and there is no way of checking.  The only fail safe way I have worked out is to go via the print method.  When the invoice loads as a PDF in your PDF reader you can send it via email via your PC's email client.  If it bounces back it does so in your own inbox and doesn't get lost in the reckon system.
Photo of Jeff Langtip

Jeff Langtip

• 528 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Friendly chat!?!  I use the BCC method but to a GMAIL address we created only for that reason. If we need to we log in and double check it went out. I would like the email to come from our business name and not the Reckon one it does come from
Photo of Gary Price

Gary Price

I have found the BCC method to be unreliable.  Sure you know that it has been sent, but there is still no guarantee that it arrived to the intended person except your email.  I had a situation a few months back, prior to hosted where I sent out about 50 invoices for the month and it appears that approximately half of those didn't reach the intended person though I received the BCC.  In this particular instance they were nearly all to Government Depts, so it is likely that for some reason for that month the Reckon address had not been whitelisted for all departments, and I had a previous experience similar to that some 12 months earlier.  Possibly a problem when Government Depts do upgrades to their systems.  Who knows...but still somewhat embarrassing having to chase up "overdue" accounts when they hadn't been received in the first place.
Photo of Kevin Russell

Gary I agree it's not the best solution but sending it to myself just works. Then I can send it from Outlook
Photo of Carol

Carol

• 414 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I especially find it difficult because I send both an invoice & statement at the same time. So I 'print' the invoice so it appears on my screen as a pdf then actually print both the invoice and statement then scan them together to my own email address, change the name of the pdf to the clients name, save it, attach it to an email and then send it to the client! What a lengthy process where as before it was so easy to see it go from my own email outbox. At least the way I do it makes it much more personalised to the client when asking them to pay up!
Photo of Gary Price

Gary Price

If you use the "print" method you don't actually need to print them out and then scan them.  Most PDF readers should have an email function that opens up your own email client with the PDF as an attachment.  I use Foxit PDF reader and it all works fine.  I have set up a special "accounts" email address with the relevant text applicable to sending out invoices.
Photo of Kevin Russell

• 53,108 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Oh and Graham mate I always request a read receipt when I send an invoice. What do you do?
Photo of Carol

Carol

• 414 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Gary, yes I understand that. It's just that I send the invoice & statement together in the one email.
Photo of Gary Price

Gary Price

I guess you would need to "save as" at least one of them an attach it to the email.

Of course it wouldn't be necessary if Reckon could get their act together and just give us access to our own email client straight from the accounts.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.