How do I clear a General Journal from "Outstanding Transactions" in AR?

Options
Vanessa_8363189
Vanessa_8363189 Member Posts: 8
edited February 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I have some General Journal transactions in accounts receivable as shown in the screen capture below.
These balance out to NIL.

How do I clear this account so that these journals are not showing?

I have tried to reverse these transactions in this financial year, but then the transactions double up (one debit, one credit)
I have also tried to "receive payments" but the journals don't show in that screen either.

This is also an international currency, but these balances are shown in Australian Dollars.

I am using Accounts Hosted.

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi Vanessa,

They may be credits (depending if you credited or debited accounts receivable), try going into Receive Payments again, select the customer who is on the journal for the line using Accounts Receivable, and then click on Credits.  They would have to show in Receive Payments as either an invoice to pay, or a credit to apply against an invoice.  Unless they have already been used.  You can check that by going into the journal and click the History button.

Regards,
    Shane.
  • Vanessa_8363189
    Vanessa_8363189 Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Thanks Shane, I have tried your solution, however they are not showing up in "Credits" or as an Invoice in the Receive Payments screen:image

Any other suggestions?
  • Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Options
    What about if you check the History of the journal?  Just go into the journal and click on History to see what the journal is linked to.  It may have already been used.

Let me know.  thanks.

Shane.