How do I correct a mistake on a past STP submission

Options
Cathy Moss Booth
Cathy Moss Booth Member Posts: 22
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Using Reckon Hosted. My March 4 STP submission has a mistake on it. I made a transfer of $500 that was a petty cash payment top up, but it has been included in an indiviuals gross income. I have corrected the entry in Reckon Hosted, but dont know how to reduce the individuals gross payment by the $500 which got included in the Mar 4 STP submission .

Comments

• Chet
    Chet Member Posts: 34
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Void the pay and re-do it without the $500 and then resubmit STP. When re-submitting STP, make sure to click " full file replacement" before you click "lodge". Then submit that new file as per normal. 
    It will replace the old file. 

• Chet
    edited April 2020
    Options
    If it's not in the pay, how was it included in the gross income?
    I would check the report for that particular pay period and make sure the numbers are right, then resubmit the entire file again ... with every employee's info. 
    When you submit in STP, it will ask whether you are doing a file replacement, select "Yes". 
  • Cathy Moss Booth
    edited April 2020
    Options
    The $500 was not in pay, it was a bank transfer to employee and must have been picked up because I used the same name as it appears on payroll.
    So to correct, I submit a full replacement file for all employees for Mar 4, even though it is several STP submissions ago?
  • Cathy Moss Booth
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Chet When I realised I had made the bank transfer in the same name as used in payroll, I went back and checked the employees gross on the the Mar 4 submission, and the one on the previous one, in order to calculate what the Mar 4th  submission was. It was $500 above his payroll amount. It should have been 1616 but was 2112.
  • Chet
    edited April 2020
    Options
    So, is the $500 additional on his gross income on his pay cheque. If not, then it should not affect the STP. 

• Cathy Moss Booth
    edited April 2020
    Options
    hi Chet   thanks very much for your help, all fine now.