How do I create a compassionate leave payroll item?

Will_10588422
Will_10588422 Member Posts: 11
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I have an employee that has taken 1 day of compassionate leave and there is no compassionate leave payroll item setup in Reckon Hosted. How do I set this up for a salary employee?

Comments

• Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 439 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited June 2020
    I don't know about others but I do not record compassionate leave in Hosted.  
    Rationale being that there is no fixed entitlement to accrue in respect of this.

However I do keep copies of the correspondence giving rise to the leave on the employee's personnel file, just to make sure that they don't appear to be abusing the situation.
  • Bruce
    edited June 2020
    Kevin
    I do not roll Compassionate Leave into Personal Leave.  My understanding is that taking Compassionate leave does NOT reduce your personal leave balance
  • Will_10588422
    edited June 2020
    Thanks Bruce. I will go with that. It would have been nice to show it on the payslip.
  • Will_10588422
    edited June 2020
    I read this too. Compassionate Leave is in addition to Personal Leave and does not accrue.
  • Janine Dickson
    Janine Dickson Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited June 2020

We set up a separate payroll item called compassionate leave to record this - its is set up the same as a Gross Wage/Gross Payment item - I have one set up for Hourly and one for Salary
  • Bruce
    edited June 2020
    That sounds a practical solution and it does meet Will's desire to show the leave on the pay slip.    (I'd still want to keep copies of the correspondence giving rise to the leave on the employee's personnel file.)
  • Janine Dickson
    Janine Dickson Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited June 2020

agree - we have a copy of correspondence also