How do I create a tax scale for the new “Backpacker Tax”?

  • 1
  • Article
  • Updated 3 years ago
In December 2016, the Australian Government finalised the re-categorisation of foreign visitors on working holiday visas (“backpackers”) for PAYG withholding purposes, from parity with “Residents” (Tax Code 2-TFT) to a special category of “Non Residents” (Tax Codes 3NonRes and 8-No TaxC).

Please see our Knowledge Browser article here for details on handling these changes with Reckon Accounts Business.

Backpacker tax rate in RAB
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

  • 90,720 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

  • 1
Photo of lucky


  • 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
where i'm broser for backpacker tax and please let me know explanation to me..cause i don't understand about that..
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

  • 90,210 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Lucky,

The link to the article in the post above is available directly here -
Photo of Rachel Whitehouse

Rachel Whitehouse

  • 260 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Rav. I do have one question though - my tax seems to be rounding. For example the amount taxable was $30.77, 15% should be $4.61 but I am getting $5.00. Any ideas?