How do I credit back annual leave for an employee in Reckon Accounts Premier Accountant Edition 2017

Kaylene Kurtzer
Kaylene Kurtzer Member Posts: 1
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
How do I credit back annual leave for an employee in Reckon Accounts Premier Accountant Edition 2017 (the employee used the days as RDO's instead of annual leave). Now I have to credit back the AL hours and the leave loading. 

Comments

• Robert Smeallie_9600650
    Robert Smeallie_9600650 Member Posts: 83
    edited May 2018
    Hi Kaylene
    You could create a General Journal entry which puts the hours claimed originally as Annual Leave and Leave Loading back into their particular Payroll related accounts then take the equivalent number of hours from the RDO leave account to balance the transaction. This means you have to have accounts for the different transactions under Payroll Expenses.
    Also update the available annual leave and Leave Loading under the Additions, Deductions and Company Contributions section of the employee's Payroll details.
    That way you have a true record of what was done rather than just editing the transaction in the various accounts involved. This is applying traceability to your records which is a good practice when doing your bookkeeping.

Regards
    Robert Smeallie
  • Kerri_6634298
    Kerri_6634298 Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2018
    You just adjustment Accrual hours for Annual Leave and RDO making sure you note it in employees notes for future information or somehow way.