How do I delete double up transactions in bank fees from previous month that have been reconciled.

Roslyn_9745732
Roslyn_9745732 Member Posts: 102
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Reckon Hosted

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Roslyn.  I guess that the first question is how could you possibly reconcile a double up of transactions in bank fees as either they are there or they aren't?  Putting that aside, your only option would seem to be to undo your previous reconciliation, delete the offending double-ups and re-reconcile the account.
    John L G
  • Roslyn_9745732
    edited July 2020
    Sorry John, I think you have misunderstood my problem.  They double ups are not in my register they are in the bank feeds only so when I have matched the bank feeds there are still a number of transactions there that were matched the previous month but have come through again or sometimes the same transaction comes down the bank feeds twice.  Wouldn't be a problem if I just had to delete the transactions from the register but I need to delete them from the online banking bank feeds that are to be matched.  
    No problem reconciling as my register only has one copy of the transaction.
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Yes, Roslyn, I did misunderstand your problem.  Sorry, but I do not have a solution when it comes to problems with bank feeds.  I think I also got thrown off the track because your subject said ?fees? whereas I suspect it meant to say ?bank ?feeds?.
    John L G
  • Roslyn_9745732
    edited February 2019
    No problem John.  Ooops a typo on my part!!
  • Luke
    Luke Moderator, Reckon Staff Posts: 221 Moderator Moderator
    edited February 2019
    Hi Rosyln,

In this situation, simply match all the relevant transactions.

Once you have matched all the relevant transactions, in the online banking centre screen, click on the statement once and then click the 'Delete' button.

I hope this helps.

Luke
  • Roslyn_9745732
    edited February 2019
    Thanks Luke.  As there are no transactions to match the double up transactions to, I have to create a duplicate transaction on the register and then match it and then delete the duplicate transaction.  I assume this is what you are suggesting and this is what I have been doing thus far. 
    Unfortunately, this has been an ongoing problem but I was hoping there was a more efficient way to deal with it but perhaps not.  
  • Luke
    edited February 2019
    Hi Rosyln,

No my suggestion is different.

If you have any transactions that have been duplicated, simply just leave them. Click 'Done'. Then when you're on the 'Online Banking Centre' screen, click the bank statement once and then click the 'Delete' button. See below:

Does that make more sense now?

Luke
  • Roslyn_9745732
    edited February 2019
    Does that delete the bank account for future bank feeds?
  • Luke
    edited February 2019
    Hi Roslyn,

No, it will just remove whatever transactions are leftover for that particular import (in this case, it should just be the duplicate ones).

Luke
  • Roslyn_9745732
    edited February 2019
    Great.  Thanks Luke :)
  • Roslyn_9745732
    edited February 2019
    Worked a treat :)