How do I enter a payment transaction to a creditor when some of the money came from our bank account

Options
Sandra_7045342
Sandra_7045342 Member Posts: 32
edited January 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
How do I enter a payment transaction to a creditor when some of the money came from our bank account and the rest from a term loan?
We bought cattle and with arrangement with our bank we have taken money from our loan account and the rest from our every day overdraft account.
I know how to enter the Bill and have entered the amount from our overdraft and paid it.
But not sure how to go about the loan account.

Comments

• Janelle Knight
    Janelle Knight Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I would (and have done), a General Journal to the Accounts Payable a/c DR and ensure you put the supplier name in the field at the end (it will ask you to do it).   Then on the next line, enter your loan account and CR amt.   This should work fine.   Double check your supplier now has the correct balance.   :)

• Sandra_7045342
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I HAVE DONE AS YOU INSTRUCTED, BUT HOW DO I GET RID OF THE BILL STILL SITTING IN PAY BILLS??
  • Janelle Knight
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Howdy, sorry next step I forgot about..... go to Pay Bills and check the one to pay and you will see down the bottom there should be a credit on the account to take up?    Just like you take up any other credit to a supplier.
    Um, I hope all the CAPS Lock above, wasn't because you were yelling at me?    LOL :)

• Sandra_7045342
    edited October 2015
    Options
    No Janelle, I wasn't yelling at you. You have been most helpful. Do you have a contact number?
    I have to create a new file as we have just started a new partnership with a new ABN. Is this easy or hard to do?
  • Janelle Knight
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Ha ha, all good.   Hesitant to throw my number out there on the www.... um how can I do this?  In short, new data files are way too easy to do.   Follow the wizard (File>New Company).   What I am unsure of is, what data can you move (import/export) between files as I have always created new blank companies and put it all in myself.