What file do I validate?
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 40,708 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Certainly. You will validate the qdf file
Photo of trevor

trevor

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have found the QDF file and it has 4137 kb in this file.
When I start the Quicken up a box come up asking if I am a new or already have account, enter, then get file from enter it come up with file that is ok the Payee, Category + etc are good. When i wont to back it (In difference name) the error comes up and It shut down. I start it up again it does the same thing as about. It does hold the new information entered into. The report and print out is ok. I have enough room on computer. Thank you i hope this may help you more trevor 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 64,252 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Trevor
Which location are you attempting to save the backup to?

Does it make any difference if you try saving it to your Desktop?
(Edited)
Photo of trevor

trevor

Hi Rav I just tried to save it to my USB and still come with

Quicken _ Unexpected Error
Quicken has encountered a problem and needs to close. You may loss the data (which i do don't) that you recently entered. Were sorry for this inconvenience.
You can look at the error that quicken created about this problem, then choose to send it to Intuit through a secure SSL Internet connection . The process is private and fast. The report will help US improve the quicken product
THEN Click HELP for more details about this problem and review information about our privacy policy
View report
Error code 6987

The above is what comes up after trying to save it to the USB or the the desktop.
It will shut down and start up again and do nothing, got to turn off the computer because Quicken sign stays in the middle of the screen thank you trevor 

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 64,252 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for trying Trevor.

Can you let me know which operating system you're using?

If you're running an OS later than Windows 7, can you try running the program with Admin privileges (Right click on the program shortcut icon and select Run as Admin)
Photo of trevor

trevor

Thank you for your time. I have found a old usb stick and transfer a backup from 9 or 10 months ago and it is working. I did also delete some old backup from 2015. I have reentered the info from that day it took it on ok. It is boots up on the same page and I can backup the works I have reentered. So all is good at this stage. I will try it again on Sunday. Thank you Trevor  I am running Windows 10
(Edited)