How do I fix error code 1668178290 on quickbooks Accounting 2014. It shuts down program with the message Reckon Accounts has stopped workin

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Answered
Photo of Sha

Sha

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 49,196 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sharon,

When is this issue occurring for you? When you attempt to launch the program or when you perform a certain task/function?

Which operating system are you using? When did this issue first start happening?
Photo of Sha

Sha

Hi Rav, it only happens when I try open one particular bill that I entered. I cannot edit or delete- trying to correct an entry. This is the first time anything has happened like this. I am working on Windows 10. Thanks
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 49,196 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for getting back to me Sharon,

These errors are usually caused by a corruption and in this case, its more than likely that there is corrupt element in the bill you're trying to open.

What I'd recommend is to re-sort your lists, then perform a rebuild & verify and follow up on any errors presented.

There's some info on this in the following two threads -

How to Verify Data and Rebuild Data for a company data file in Accounts Business (Desktop)

How to perform regular data file maintenance in Reckon Accounts (Desktop) - Verify Data / Rebuild Data

Let me know how you get on

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Sha

Sha

Thanks Rav. I have verified data and done a rebuild and it comes up with no errors but will give it another go and let you know how it goes
Photo of Luke

Luke, Employee

• 3,180 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sha,

Since this error is only occurring when you're trying to open a particular bill, it means that this bill has become corrupted.

The only way around this is to delete the bill from the register in the chart of accounts and enter it again (by doing it like this, you do not need to open the bill). See below instructions.

1. Go to your chart of accounts.
2. Right-click on the account that is associated with this bill > click use register
3. Find this particular bill and take note of the details so you can enter it in again
4. Click on the bill once in the register (it should be highlighted with a black box around the transaction)
5. On your keyboard hold down ctrl + D together > it will prompt you if you are sure you want to delete this transaction > click yes
6. Enter the bill again

Hope this helps.

Luke.
Photo of Sha

Sha

Hi Luke, thanks for replying- much appreciated. I went into the Chart of Accounts and then to the account that was associated with the bill but when I went to right-click "Use register" it wasn't high-lighted so couldn't go any further. I am still using Quickbooks 2014. Thanks
Photo of Luke

Luke, Employee

• 3,180 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sha,

A bill should be linked to the accounts payable account. You should be able to go into the register of that account and find the bill there.

Let me know how you go.

Luke.