How do I get an Inventory Assembly to minus stock from the Bill of Materials as it is sold?

Silas
Silas Member Posts: 14
edited December 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have created a Item Assembly and added the two products in the Bill of Materials that the Assembly draws from. However when I invoice the Item Assembly it doesn't minus/take the items out of stock from the two products in the Bill of Materials. Why would this be happening? 

Comments

• Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Hi Silas

With an assembly, you need to Build the Assembly (Suppliers > Inventory Activities > Build Assemblies) to add the product into stock.  This process will deduct the 2 components from stock and add a new assembly ready for sale.  The Bill of Materials is essentially just the recipe; the build assembly is the cooking.

Graham Boast 0409317366
    Reckon Accredited Consultant
    graham@reckonhelp.com.au
    http://reckonhelp.com.au/remotesupport.htm

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• Silas
    Silas Member Posts: 14
    edited August 2015
    Thanks Graham,

That is very helpful.

So is there no way that the Build Assembly can only occur when you are dispatching the goods?
    (For example; we only want to assemble the item when it is being dispatched and invoiced, as it's components can be used for multiple configurations)

I look forward to your feedback.

Silas Donald 
  • Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Hi Silas

No - you need to build it before it is invoiced. You must know what has been built to invoice it, and It is not a difficult extra step to do before invoicing.  It must be done before invoicing or the costs will be incorrect. 

If this is impractical, due to the volumes you are selling, you could invoice the product, run a sales by item summary at the end of the day, then backdate the build to the day before the invoice date (again, for costing purposes).

Alternatives are:
    • Groups (a group item is not built but the stock is subtracted on invoicing;
    • Fishbowl is a sophisticated inventory and manufacturing add-on to Reckon Accounts that allows a manufactured good to be autocreated on invoicing.
    Give me a call if you need some further help with this.

Graham

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au