How do I get started on Hosted?

Options
Sally Cowan_8334337
Sally Cowan_8334337 Member Posts: 5
edited July 2019 in Accounts Hosted
How do I get started on Hosted? How do I import company file from computer & what things do I have to set up before everything works. Is there a manual

Comments

• Shayne McNamara
    Shayne McNamara Member Posts: 43
    edited July 2018
    Options
    No manual really but I think there are a few start up videos.  I think it was actually much easier than I though when we changed from Desktop version to RAH.  i think we just up-loaded the old company file .QBW file and then when you open it in RAH it does all the conversion to Enterprise versions (which RAH is).
  • Kevin Bell
    Kevin Bell Member Posts: 15
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Sally,
    At the following link there are a number of videos for you to follow that may help https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoUtvAKOpZWuVFDPho_yF4bIJ71y3utmX
    We also set up our clients to hosted on a regular basis, if i can be of assistance to schedule an appointment, please don't hesitate to contact me
    Regards
    Kevin
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Sally,

Welcome to the Community!

We've got a very good range of support content for Reckon Accounts Hosted in the form of How-To videos and webinars along with our Knowledge Browser and in-product help.

Check out our Accounts Hosted webinars here
    Our Accounts Hosted How-To video Playlist is located here

Our Accredited Partners are also an excellent resource in making sure you've got everything set up just right for your needs - https://partnersearch.reckon.com/

Check out this article from our Knowledge Browser -
    http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=4850

Let me know if you have any questions

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,063 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi Sally,

How to convert your data file from desktop to hosted. 

The conversion process from Reckon Accounts desktop to the Reckon Accounts Hosted platform involves the following steps.

If your data file is already in the QuickBooks 2007/08 or higher version, then this is something that you can do yourself.

1)      Sign-up and create a Reckon Accounts Hosted trial account or login to your paid subscription account

Create a Reckon Accounts Hosted trial

Or

Login to Reckon Accounts Hosted

2)      Upload your backup file to the hosted B: drive

Uploading and Downloading Company Files to the new Reckon Accounts Hosted

3)      Restore the backup set from the B: drive to the Q: drive

How to restore a backup file (QBB) in Reckon Accounts Hosted

Important Notes:

·         upgrading the data file to the hosted format will mean that the file can no longer be opened in the original Reckon Accounts Premier program

·         any changes you make in the data file on the hosted platform will not be present in the desktop data file

Regards,

Reckon Data Recovery Team