The Deposit Detail report is a listing of payments.
You can create a specific/customised report to total all deposits for a particular timeframe:
- Open the Find screen (Click on “Edit” along top toolbar, then “Find” in the dropdown menu)
- Select Date in the Filters list & select/enter the applicable date/date range
- Select Transaction Type in the Filters list & select Deposit in the dropdown list
- Select Detail Level in the Filters list & choose Summary only
- Click on the “Report” button to view this search as a report
You can then “Modify Report” (button on LHS along the top of report) & on the Display tab, add/remove columns + set Sort by & Total by criteria
- On the Header/Footer tab .... Give this report a meaningful title (Edit the “Report Title” field) eg “Daily Deposits” & click on OK
- Once your report is customised to your requirements, click on “Memorise” to store it in your Reports area for re-use. You can even add it as a 1-click Icon to your Icon Bar by clicking on “View” (along top toolbar) then “Add .... To Icon Bar”!
Thank you for your response. I have just tried to get the deposit total following your steps but only 4 transactions appeared for the period I selected and there should be 99 transactions. Most of the transactions are Direct Deposits to our bank account and are entered via ‘Receive Payments’. The 4 transactions that came up in your report are the ones entered through ‘Record Deposits’.
The report ‘Deposit Detail’ includes both payments received & deposits recorded. I need a total of these amounts so I have to add them up each week. It would be great to print a report that gives me a list of the transactions with a total at the bottom.