How do I know if an email has bounced from Reckon Account Hosted?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
I have a client who is concerned that his customers are not receiving their emailed invoices from Reckon Accounts Hosted. Is there any way of telling if the email address entered into Reckon Accounts Hosted was invalid which would have caused the email to bounce back.
Photo of Jo Kernke

Jo Kernke

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 51,446 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You never do. This is a massive flaw with hosted. We have been prmised a fix. It has not materialised.
Photo of Jo Kernke

Jo Kernke

Hmmm, it is a huge problem when you are sending multiple invoices daily. It should be a priority as it has implications on cash flow when invoices aren't received!!!
Totally agree, but Reckon want fix anything on Hosted, the only way we have survived in the past is to send all emails to your own email account then fwd them to clients, timely in some businesses cases, but the only way to keep track of who got what.
Photo of Heather Sanders

Heather Sanders, Accredited Partner

• 680 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
There is no way to tell.
However you can cc yourself to check that the invoice has actually been sent
To check it has been received by the client is more difficult but a simple crosscheck of their email address is an easy first step
Photo of Kevin Russell

• 50,200 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
With all due respect Heather I dont care if it has been sent. I only want to know if it has been received
(Edited)
Photo of Jo Kernke

Jo Kernke

Yes I have been doing this but I think it's really slack on Reckons part. Especially when it took me months to convince my client to convert to Hosted because it was supposed to be more convenient. They are far from impressed now!!
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 85,058 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jo,

Has your client reported any cases of emails not being received?

I recognise this isn't the solution to what has been raised on the thread but please check out this KB article, in particular some of the steps listed toward the end of the article on some tips to ensure emails from Hosted are marked as safe/not junk etc - http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=4676
Photo of Kevin Russell

Rav all well and good but we need it fixed
Photo of Kevin Russell

Jo didnt you investigate this first?? It is a known issue. For one of my clients its been a deal breaker and we could not vonvert. Im always careful to recommend the solution that fits the problem
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Fair point Kevin,

There are mail improvements being investigated/developed for Hosted at the moment. No further details as yet but will let you know as soon as more info becomes apparent.

Thanks
Rav
Photo of Kevin Russell

Rav, any updates?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Kev,

Haven't heard anything further as yet as I think it's more a longer term project but will check in again when the full team is back on board.

Cheers
Rav
(Edited)
Photo of Kevin Russell

If you could. Its unacceptable it has taken this long
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Kevin and everyone,

Just a quick update, the team are still evaluating this element but is a longer term project.

An option at this point is to replicate a email system similar to Reckon One however will require further investigation and resourcing which realistically will not occur until after tax time.
(Edited)
Photo of Kevin Russell

Thats a shame.
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

• 22,222 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
So after years of users complaining about this issue Rav, Reckon has just turned a blind eye to it? No 'fix' has even been started or even planned to the sounds of it.
Photo of SimonG

SimonG

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is still an issue!!
Photo of Kevin Russell

Simon yes it is still an issue
Photo of Donna Blazely

Donna Blazely

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I save to pdf and then email from my email program [outlook]. more time consuming though than just being able to press email in reckon.
Photo of Kevin Russell

Yeah Donna kind of defeats the point.