How do I manually change tax tables in Reckon Accounts Plus.

Options
Upyou
Upyou Member Posts: 6
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
How do I manually change tax tables in Reckon Accounts Plus? Several years ago I manually updated the numbers in the table myself with the tax table figures from the ATO.......but now I can't remember how to do it.

Comments

• Kevin V. Russell
    Kevin V. Russell Member Posts: 265
    edited June 2015
    Options
    No you didn't and no you can't you might be thinking of Payroll Premier. Accounts has never had a manual update process available from Reckon. Never
  • Upyou
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Sorry, of course Accounts did not "exist" several years ago.  Quickbooks, Accounts, a rose by any other name... In the 90s it was called QuickBooks. I don't remember having a separate Payroll program but it was a long time ago perhaps it was not integrated with QuickBooks back then.  I DID manually change the tax tables though.
  • Upyou
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Like I said, in the 90s. I have been using a version of Quickbooks since 1996 (whatever "label" they gave it then).
  • Kevin V. Russell
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Heidi I was using version 3. That was in 1995. It still doesn't change the fact you can't alter the tax tables. Anyway it's not important. Cheers
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi Heidi,

In order to remain compliant with the latest tax tables you do have to upgrade to the latest version. Payroll Premier (which is the standalone payroll software program) has the ability to manually alter the tax tables, but unfortunately the Reckon Accounts (formerly QuickBooks) product range does not allow you to do this.

You can change the tax manually whilst processing a pay or set a specific amount in the employee record, but there is no global change you can do.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• Kevin V. Russell
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi Sally I'm pretty sure you haven't understood the question.Heidi thinks the tax tables are able to be updated manually. I've said several times this has never been possible as long as payroll has been incorporated into Reckon Accounting software.