How do I move Reckon Accounts (Personal 2016) from an old PC to a new PC (both Windows 10)?

Options
Ruth Faulkner
Ruth Faulkner Member Posts: 4
lost data in the past so am trying to identify the best process before I turn the old PC off

Comments

• Ruth Faulkner
    Ruth Faulkner Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2016
    Options
    where would it be? and where do i copy it to?
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 803 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Ruth.  Personal PLus files are in your "My DOcuments" folder,  in a sub folder called "Quicken".    Kevin is on the ball with his suggestion to copying all that to a few MEMORY sticks  (few? - because they fail).

DOn't cleanup the old PC until you've licenced and installed the new PC, and fetched the data files from the MEMORY stick to a similar area on your new PC.

You should recognise the  HCX   IDX   QEL   QPH   QDF    but more importantly,  the last ACCESS DATE of those files bearing your database name.

Cheers

Gary

• Les
    Les Member Posts: 34
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I tried this and get a message that the file was created on another computer and I need to buy an additional licence. When I loaded Reckon on the new PC it asked me if I wanted to get an existing file and I said YES. It brings the data up fine but the next time I try to open Reckon I get the message about the new licence. How do you get around this?
  • Thomas Hadley_5381421
    Thomas Hadley_5381421 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2017
    Options
    is there anyone from Reckon on this page or only volunteers ?
  • Thomas Hadley_5381421
    edited December 2017
    Options
    what ??
  • Thomas Hadley_5381421
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Ruth have you solved this problem yet
  • Les
    Les Member Posts: 34
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Say you want to get the new licence and then reload your existing licence number. You can change where the QDF file resides. Mine is in a special directory that get backed up on the fly.

• akam healthcare
    akam healthcare Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2017
    Options
    how will copy my reckon software in another system.
  • gazza73
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Akam

Install the software from the download kit as usual, on your new PC.  Call RECKON to explain the need for re-registration, and activate.  Simply move the 7-sets of DATA files from where you have them on the OLD PC,  via your network, or perhaps a memory stick,   and locate them in a suitable new folder (ideally NOT in the program folders of the PP20xx program).

All the Registraion and support numbers and choices of contact are summariesed at:
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-support/

If you are reaching out to use from  Panchkula, Haryana,  be mindful you are about 7hrs behind AEST.

Cheers

Gary
  • gazza73
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hmmm.    Apart from Currency update issues a few times over the years,  the research done on this topic outlines PP2016 with Win10 was a combination in use OK.  But there was the need to apply the correct version of the qwutil.dll  fix for currency handling.  

That all aside,   it seems to be a need to re-register.  

The original topic was raised by a person already running PP2016 on Win10 - and for some reason wanted to deploy a different piece of H/W using same combo.  

Kevin:  This off-community topic (now)  shows examples of people using those combinations from a year ago.
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/reckon-accounts-personal-plus-2016-no-longer-downloading-...

Let the community chap request a rego for his new machine.   He wants to copy the software, not the data,  I'm assuming. (and then likely the data as well once done)....  not a lot of info from his small one-liner question, granted.

AKIM:  check the qwutil.dll  patch that may be required, and pick the right one.
    The one needed is the from after July 2016, and not the one in May 2016.

FYI:  Here's an open community article example of Win10/PP2016 users (ultimately the issue of currency was fixed).
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/personal-plus-2016-share-portfolio-wont-update?utm_source...

Gary

• gazza73
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hmmm.    Apart from Currency update issues a few times over the years,  the research done on this topic outlines PP2016 with Win10 was a combination in use OK.  But there was the need to apply the correct version of the qwutil.dll  fix for currency handling.  

That all aside,   it seems to be a need to re-register.  

The original topic was raised by a person already running PP2016 on Win10 - and for some reason wanted to deploy a different piece of H/W using same combo.  

Kevin:  This off-community topic (now)  shows examples of people using those combinations from a year ago.
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/reckon-accounts-personal-plus-2016-no-longer-downloading-...

Let the community chap request a rego for his new machine.   He wants to copy the software, not the data,  I'm assuming. (and then likely the data as well once done)....  not a lot of info from his small one-liner question, granted.

AKIM:  check the qwutil.dll  patch that may be required, and pick the right one.
    The one needed is the from after July 2016, and not the one in May 2016.

FYI:  Here's an open community article example of Win10/PP2016 users (ultimately the issue of currency was fixed).
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/personal-plus-2016-share-portfolio-wont-update?utm_source...

Gary