How do I override a tax amount in Reckon One payroll?

Deb Beitz
Deb Beitz Member Posts: 5
edited July 2019 in Reckon One
In Reckon One, I am paying EOFY bonuses and want to tax average the payments.  How do I override the tax amount and enter the tax averaged amount?

Comments

• Kerrie Maltby
    Kerrie Maltby Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2019
    If you click on the 'detail' button to the right of the tax amount on the tax line in the individuals pay run, you can override the tax amount to whatever you want it to be.
  • Deb Beitz
    edited June 2019
    Thanks Kerrie.  I tried that.  When I click on it, a dialog box opens that looks like what I am looking for but it won't let me enter an amount or change the tax amount.  I have no idea why???
  • Deb Beitz
    edited June 2019
    All good!  It worked this time.  No idea what was going on before.  Thanks for the assist!
  • Simon_10110968
    Simon_10110968 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2019
    Kerrie
    IThanks. I have tried many times.  when I click the detail button, a dialog box appear with
    Taxable Gross earning $37.35
    tax amount $3

Override tax amount

But I cannot change any thing.  why?

• Simon_10110968
    Simon_10110968 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2019
    Kerrie
    IThanks. I have tried many times.  when I click the detail button, a dialog box appear with 
    Taxable Gross earning $37.35
    tax amount $3

Override tax amount

But I cannot change any thing.  why?

• Kerrie Maltby
    Kerrie Maltby Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2019
    You need to actually put the override figure in the box. Check that you have created the employee so that the tax amount can be amended. I have found that a lot that you can and cannot do in Reckon depends on how you have set up each employee